A New Goal

"Who's Miss Xielle?" I ask curiously.

The way Caria titles each of them is... How should I say this? Too precise or explicit? Wait. Both of those words mean the same thing.

I, the son of a bandit, am competing against a royalty, a nobility, and a common? This gives me a headache about Nillin.

In my personal opinion, he's not worth fighting these blind girls.

Actually, how did I come up on top when I'm competing against a royalty, a nobility, and a common? I mean on top as being the first spouse and stuff.

"Prince Nillin's ex-girlfriend," Caria answers with a shaking head. Probably to show her disappointment?

Then to me, Caria repeats, "Please have sympathy for our Prince."

Miss Xielle being Nillin's 'girlfriend'. Doesn't that mean I already lost?

Or did I win because of what my beloved have and she lost because of what her beloved don't have?

Man. What the fuck! This is making me privileged and entitled like Cassiopeia and Lesly.

"Humph. Milord is definitely the best," Carcyne snarls. I think she say this because she notices my uneasiness, but sadly, it only adds to it.

"I agree," Caria sighs. "The other three are meh. Princess Cassiopeya is too power hungry to be a good mother to any nation. Lady Lesly is too obsessed with my Prince that she doesn't care about anyone or anything else, only what stand between my Prince and her. Miss Xielle is a common girl with pretty much nothing and she's already married to someone else. Lord Maeve is the best."

And so that means that Miss Xielle dumped Nillin... Funny.

"Sorry, I don't see how I'm the 'best'?" I put on a fake smile for them to note down.

"But of course you are," Caria and Carcyne insist at the same time and even surprise themselves.

Still, the question of what make me the best lingers about my head.

Furthermore, I didn't ask them to flatter me. I'm sure I don't need flattering, but I seriously just curious.

Caria smirks and as she is about to explain the rest to me, Lesly drags her brother up the stairs to meet us again.

Lesly stumps her feet when Lexin says something to her, but somehow climbs down the stairs leaving just the three of us with Lexin.

He crosses his arms firmly, "I don't have time to be bothered with wo-just gossips in general. Please don't bully my little sister."

His action kind of reminds me of my siblings, who are all older than me.

What I mean is that they tease me, but don't let others do. I appreciate it.

Carcyne always has a quick tongue so she goes first, "We didn't bully your spoiled sister."

Lexin's eyes widen, uncross his arms, and places his hands on his hips exhausted-no, surprised.

"Who this?" His head searches for me. "Is she Carcyne?"

"Yes!" Carcyne snaps, "And I can speak for myself, thank you very much."

The slightest smile appears on his face for a second. Is there something here? But I am sure he had a thing for me yesterday, right?

"Okay then," Lexin creates a visage of a person absorbed by evil or vengeance. Then he cracks, "I'm just kidding. I know my sister is too spoiled."

Caria, Carcyne, and I all make eyes contact back and forth. Although, we don't believe Lexin is funny, we laugh anyway because reasons.

Lexin changes the mood again, "If you can help a man get pregnant, then can you help an infertile woman get pregnant? If so, then will you help my sister?"

The ways he put it make me feel uneasy. It is as if a man is just an infertile woman.

It makes me question 'my' story. What is the purpose of me being a male in this story if I could've just been an infertile woman and the story wouldn't have changed?

This worries me. Furthermore, I am also goal-less at the moment. So far, I am also very passive... I need to change myself.

Carcyne glances at me before replying, "I don't help people I don't like unless Milord commands me so."

"So?" Lexin fixates his full attention on me.

"Only if you help me help Nillin conquer Aarth," I slowly think about every word before I speak. I'm not about to be a laughingstock for the brother as well.

"And that means?"

"I want to...," I scan my knowledge about war. "Recruit other Masters of Aarth and civilians to support Nillin. So far, I know that the Aarthian throne is Nillin's birthright, but stolen by his uncle, the current monarch. Aarthian Masters are rulers of land and resources, if we have at least half on our side, the monarch will lose half of his power. And I'm pretty sure some would rather bow their heads to a power hungry war genius like Nillin than a calm yet stubborn man like the current monarch."

Lexin pinches the bridge of his nose with an amused grin, "I knew I wasn't wrong about you."

His words send chills down my spine.

"So what do you say?" I offer. I can tell Carcyne isn't happy with my decision. Although, she hides it well.

To convince Lexin, she says once more, "I will do anything Milord commands."

"Before I accept or deny your compromise, I would like for you to know that the civilians are exhausted from wars. So let me add another condition before we make up our minds."

He kneels on one knee before me, "I am a citizen of Aarth before I am Master Lexin Heinzworth of Asandria. I may seem like a power hungry man due to the stigma of my people, but I sincerely do love my country and its people."

My heart skips a beat. It's not the romantic kind. It is my complete respect for this man as if I already finish his condition in my head.

"You will be the Consort Queen of Aarth, so I beg you to change the legacy of the Aarthian Monarchies. Allow-no, let my people rest."

And when he no longer speaks, he continues to kneel awaiting my decision.

I look at Carcyne who cares little about humans. Then I look to Caria who is holding back tears of sympathy.

It must be true, the people of Aarth is tired of wars.

Previously, I am only aware that the native tribes along the Western Moutains are tired of being piledge by the Aarthians' and Kalorians' wars.

Then it is time, you see what a 'male' Queen is capable of... "Deal!"