Realization

I hold my posture for a while as I stare blankly at the magnificent library before me, thinking about all the family problems.

Asahi continues to stare at me. I whisper to him, "Is mommy not trustworthy?"

"Aguw a kii," he gurgles sadly at me.

His almost nonexistent brows come together and pouts his lush lips full of breastmilk.

I sigh and couldn't help but smile, "Mommy's little sunshine is the cutest in the world."

Then he smiles brilliantly like my happiness is also his.

"How is it possible that you're even cuter now?" I peck at his soft chubby cheek.

"Mama!" Asahi grabs my face and kisses my lips. He then closes his eyes for a nap.

I want to nap too.

But I notice Grandmama's stuff with our stuff, and decide I'll return them to her before confining a room for Asahi and I.

I shift through the bookshelves until I notice half of Fiona sticking out of a doorway.

As I try to approach her, I hear Artemis, "Now I healed your legs, listen to what I have to say and answer what I have to ask."

"Yes. Go for it," Nien answers in a pompous tone.

"Where is King Nillin?" His tone stops me in my tracks.

"His soldiers said he is traveling around the country trying to cure a disease spread from the explosions."

"Why isn't he taking my brother along?"

There's a moment of complete silence or perhaps hesitation before Nien answers, "I took Maeve from my brother, so he doesn't know where Maeve and Asahi are."

"What was I expecting?" Artemis sighs.

"And you two, grandmother and sister-in-laws, why are you making life so hard for my brother?" Artemis's tone lower significantly like he is lecturing them.

"What are you trying to say? Without us, Maeve would've struggled in that tiny house of his," Nien naively answers.

"Have you bother to ask why he's there in the first place? You took him away from his partner!" Then like he averts his attention toward another person in the room, "Do you understand that by denying your granddaughter's choice, you're undermining your grandson's marriage?"

"You're just a brother, I am their grandmother," Grandmama grinds her teeth. "Don't question my methods, lad. Maeve is the son of Master Sihipe, he is a good wife for my grandson."

And they continue to yell at one another. I leave Grandmama's stuff where it can easily be spotted if Fiona turns around.

Truly I am glad Artemis is trying to get at my problems, but I wish I could solve them myself.

"My Queen," Fiona steps out from behind me.

"What is it?" I look at her with a smile and continue walking.

When we reach the five entrances again, I grab my stuff and head toward the other side of the library.

Fiona finally answers after catching her breath, "I'm leaving."

"Why so soon?" I stop and sit against a bookshelf with my stuff to my side.

"I don't think I can do this anymore," she lowers her head. "Thank you for taking care of me all these time."

"You're so strong," I comment at her confidence.

Then I gesture for her to sit beside me, "I would like to have a little chat with you before you leave. It might be my only chance to pass on my wisdom."