Doubt

It is yet another early morning that Maeve wakes up before his roosters due to a sensation of disgorging.

Fiona and Borscht stands behind him with much worries on their faces.

"How long has this been happening?" Fiona asks because she has not yet experienced any of the side effects of a pregnancy other than the enlargement of her belly.

Maeve wipes his lips and drinks the water Borscht offered, "I should be fine. Thank you for worrying."

Then he turns and vomit again.

"Sorry. Please go back to sleep, I'll be fine," Maeve encourages them with a weak smile.

And as he stands up, his body becomes weightless and he loses his footing.

"Queen!" Borscht and Fiona gasps.

Maeve immediately reaches for his belly, ignoring the inflamed ankle.

Fiona and Borscht then understand the change in Maeve's body.

"Take Nien with you to call for my brother. He'll come help us," Fiona gives Borscht a serious glare.

"Shouldn't I inform the King first?"

"No. Don't tell him yet," Maeve begs with a weak and tender voice. "Please keep this a secret. I don't want what happened last time to repeat itself."

Fiona frowns as she recalls all the details that happened. She grabs her own belly and says, "I understand my Queen. I'll make sure my brother keep his lips shut."

Maeve's brows knit together, wanting to hear an answer of sorts from Borscht as well.

"Then when can I tell His Majesty? He should be aware and strengthen the guards and maids around you and the children."

"I'm not popular around the people surrounding the King as you saw for yourself yesterday. Don't tell him until I see that we'll be safe," Maeve averts his eyes to hide his anxiety.

Borscht reluctantly appeases Maeve and goes to wake Nien and Caria up.

He takes Nien with him to get Fiona's brother from General Hospital.

Caria carries Maeve back to bed as Fiona stares at Maeve with much worries and nervousness.

"How is my Queen feeling?" Caria clicks her tongue, "How did that Borscht let this happen during his watch?"

"Don't blame him. I insisted on being independent," Maeve gives a charming smile to loosen Caria and Fiona's shoulders.

Then a knocks happen at the door. They're unsure who could it be since Nien and Borscht shouldn't be back yet and it's still very early to even call it twilight.

Caria goes to open the door for Yasana who has a suspicious smirk on her face.

"Why were they in such a rush?" Is the first thing she asks as she enters the room casually.

Maeve quickly covers his ankle, "I wanted them to send a letter to Nillin."

"This hour of the night?" Yasana yawns and walks steadily toward Maeve. "Uncle, what are you hiding?"

Caria takes out her sword and takes a stance against Yasana.

"Don't Caria. She's my niece, I'm sure she means me no harm. Yasana, if I tell you, promise me you won't tell other in excitement."

Yasana coughs a laughter and agrees.

"Come here," Maeve seats Yasana beside the bed and put her hand on his belly. "I'm pregnant."