The Trial of the Century

Sihipe went over to Ithronel and held her hand while kneeling on one knee, "His Majesty will come for you, my Lord."

Alosrin and Apan glanced at them, averted their eyes to hold in their laughter.

Ithronel quickly pulled her hand away, "I'm not a Lord."

"So... What should this loyal servant call you?"

"I'm not Alosrin," Ithronel rolled her eyes.

"Then you must be the one called Bemere. I was informed that she is also a black pearl with shimmering emerald eyes," Sihipe let go of her hand and stood back.

"I'm not her either."

Sihipe made a confused face, turned to Apan, and asked, "Who is this person then?"

"Neither Alosrin nor Bemere," Apan played along.

Alosrin tried to hold in his laughter once more, but he couldn't this time and went to relieve his morning sickness.

Ithronel rubbed his back and said with a soft tone, "Let Artemis help you."

"I'll do fine," Alosrin smiled and wiped his lips.

"Is everything well?" Sihipe appeared worried and a little lost.

He was very unsure of the situation. He thought the only elf that would worry about an Aarthian was Alosrin, but the elf that concerned was not Alosrin.

Then he assumed the elf must be Bemere because according to Hueng she still had feelings for Niltiocles.

Yet the elf was also not Bemere.

"I'm doing good. How is Niltiocles?" Alosrin asked in a weak voice.

Sihipe stared at the messy elf who just threw up in front of him. He thought to himself that this elf couldn't be Alosrin since 'she' was probably pregnant. This elf couldn't be Bemere either since Niltiocles never slept with her.

Alosrin offered an awkward smile and said with his deep and tired voice, "I am Alosrin."

"But Alosrin a dude and you're pregnant," Sihipe covered his mouth after saying that out loud.

"I guess Niltiocle forgot to tell you I can get pregnant," Alosrin was still smiling awkwardly.

"No. He didn't mention that at all," Sihipe seemed suspicious of the elf that claimed to be Alosrin.

He still believed that Ithronel was Alosrin, and they were trying to confuse him. Although he couldn't postulate as to why.

"I see that you don't trust me," Alosrin picked the little beast up and placed it on his lap. "Where are Jin and Hueng? Did the little beast travel with just you?"

Sihipe skeptically asked, "His Highness wants a daughter or son first?"

"He wants a daughter," Alosrin answered with a peaceful mind.

"When was your first night together?"

Ithronel slapped her forehead and dragged Sihipe out by force.

"I'm not done verifying!"

"Quit while you're ahead. That is the real Alosrin, and he is carrying their child," Ithronel blocked the stairway to the house with folded arms.

"How? I can't take yours and his words for it. I'll have to learn and understand how it works for elves," Sihipe made a pleading posture, hoping to soften Ithronel's heart.

On the contrary, Ithronel got annoyed. She told him, "Please leave."

"They did told me elves are quite stubborn when it comes to sharing knowledge," Sihipe clicked his tongue, feeling proud of himself for remembering that bit.