How Everything Began

Beyond the unconsciousness lies the dream world. Sometimes it predicts the future, sometimes it showcases a hidden or forgotten desire, sometimes it highlights the past, and sometimes it's something that can't be categorized.

To Alosrin, who went to sleep cursing himself, is given an opportunity to remember why he can no longer stand himself.

Before, he isn't this indifferent, expressionless mother-in-law, he wasn't depressed either.

Although he always smiled, he wasn't unhappy or dissatisfied with himself.

All of this sadness and anger inside him begin on a rather peaceful and normal day.

Alosrin was tending to the fields with colleagues, and also they discussed the relationship between reality before and after disillusionment.

They were civil with one another, but no one truly agree with one another. It was always a cold war when philosophers discuss anything.

Then Bemere pulled on Alosrin's arm as she cried, "Help me!"

"What's wrong? If it's something I could help, I will," Alosrin answered like this because he wanted to be useful, not useless.

"Oh Alosrin help me. I have sinned, I want you to send my lover home."

Bemere's plan was for Alosrin to fail because she knows Alosrin was too kind to be assertive when it hurts someone's feelings.

Then she'll ask another not assertive Mortal Ambassador, and until Enzumin gives up. At last, she will be with her lover.

"Of course, I am a Mortal Ambassador after all," Alosrin smiled and patted Bemere's head.

Bemere drags Alosrin out of the field and back into the city where the people is deciding what should be done with Bemere's case.

One said, "It's just a human, let's kill him and forget about it."

"We cannot. He is a Prince of Aarth. If we do, there will be war," said another. "We'll have to convince him to leave and forget we exist."

"Then who shall be the Mortal Ambassador for this 'Prince of Aarth'?"

"I say let Alosrin be the one," Bemere hides behind Alosrin.

"That is a good choice. Our best scholar will never fail us."

Alosrin holds in his smile of glee. He always loved compliments.

With a little bow, he wanted to thank everyone for the honor, but Ithronel stepped forward, "I don't think that is such a good idea. Although Alosrin is our best scholar, he is also our kindest. It is very likely he will be manipulated by the cunning human."

"That can't be possible. Alosrin is very smart, he will not be outwitted by the likes of a mortal."

And the crowd cheered for Alosrin.

Ithronel always knew about Alosrin's lack of emotional development. If that human can woe Bemere, then he can definitely play Alosrin's heart like an instrument.

She interlocked her hand with her cousin's, "Don't do this Alosrin. You don't need to prove yourself every single time. I know you're useful, isn't that enough."

"Thank you, Ithronel. I'm happy to have a sister like you, but it's something I must do," Alosrin answers with dopamine.

Ithronel held her tongue, not willing to be hated by telling Alosrin that he is not ready for this and that he will fail.

Instead she blessed him before he entered the Library to prepare for his mission.

Alosrin exited Enzumin with pride on his shoulders unaware of Bemere's plan because he was too busy trying to be useful.