Reconciliation

Maeve and Rayn are taken to a room at the center of the brothel.

The wall opposite the door they entered are two grand windows that showcase the variety of plants of the greenhouse.

There's a large bed between the two windows where there are multiple sounds of love making.

Maeve quickly covers Rayn's ears and hides her eyes when they entered.

"Get off me you dicks and balls," Bethany shoos her partners away.

Each stares at Maeve lustfully as they walk pass Maeve to get out butt-naked.

"Is that your man's daughter?" Bethany begins dressing herself.

"No. It's a child who is staying with me for the time being."

"Then why are you dressed like that? Didn't you hate wearing dresses or called 'cute' and 'pretty'?"

Bethany waves her hand while going toward the seats and tables to the right of the bed.

Maeve and Rayna follows along and sit before the Big Mama.

"I'm not here to catch up, Bethany. I'm here to free Wendy from here."

"Wendy? Wendy who?" Bethany giggles and continues, "Now tell me why you're wearing a dress."

"Bethany," Maeve lowers his brows, but then sighs. "At least bring the young girl here, then I'll chat with you."

"Done," Bethany snaps her fingers happily and the young girl from before enters through the door.

She looks frightened and weak like the world is against her, and is already considering suicide.

"Wendy!" Rayn jumps from beside Maeve and rushes to embrace her elder sister. "I miss you! I was so worried. I'm sorry I took so long."

The elder sister doesn't move or show any emotions other than a smear of a tear.

Maeve goes to the girls and have them sit beside him.

His heart is broken because he knows what happened to her. Wendy has the same face as all the other girls who spent their first night with a customer, or multiple customers even.

He blames himself. If only he just listen to the children last night, or came back earlier, then maybe he could prevent himself from seeing this face again.

"You still why this doing?" Maeve couldn't look at Bethany when he asks her that.

The joy on the fragile mother's face withers away, and her body shivers.

"It's all I know," Bethany's answer in a quivering voice. "I'm sorry that I'm not a mother you can be proud of; and instead I always bring shame to you."

"That say how could you when me you sold me?" Maeve breaks into quiet sob.

Bethany shows a mortified expression and takes Maeve's hands, "I didn't sell you, baby. I really didn't. You have to believe me. Qwerty told me you ran away because you're embarrassed I'm your mother."

"If didn't you, who could've. You were too the Big Mama also back then. Other yourself than no one could've sold me because I am your son."

"I didn't sell you, baby," Bethany kisses Maeve's forehead and embrace him in her still strong arms.

"I could never do that. Ina is my precious baby. I'm sorry I didn't spend much time with you to allow that to happen to you."

"I hated you for so long, Bethany. How can I forgive just because you say you didn't sell me?" Maeve's sob is slowing down to a whimper.