Ithronel's Heart

Back in Enzumin, Alosrin could barely stand and constantly had morning sickness.

Although they wanted this to be trivial matter until the jurisdiction was made upon the case, quiet rumors spread like wildfire to the ears of Bemere.

She did not take it lightly and gathered her shame to Alosrin's threshold.

When Ithronel wasn't with Alosrin, it was Artemis or Apan. They weren't going to take the chance that Alosrin might run away from the jurisdiction.

"I would like to meet Alosrin," Bemere said with steam coming out of her closed pot.

"I don't permit such visit without a proper warrant since my cousin is under house arrest," Ithronel said calmly and descended down the stair steps so that Bemere couldn't climb them.

Ithronel widened her stance and brought intimidation to Bemere.

"Then answer me this, is Alosrin pregnant with Niltiocles's child?"

"Which one is Niltiocles?" Ithronel pretended to not know.

Bemere puckered her mouth angrily, "The one with silver hair."

"I don't know why I asked that since I hadn't had the chance to meet the mortals," a corner of Ithronel's mouth curled up viciously.

"Then allow me to ask Alosrin myself."

"I can't permit that, young maiden. You shall be allowed to bring such account on trial day," Ithronel said with confidence; although she hoped Alosrin would accept Artemis's marriage proposal very soon.

"When is Alosrin's trial day?"

"In the wake of the next new moon," Ithronel shrugged her shoulders. "Or longer? I don't personally know the details."

Bemere knew that Ithronel knew when trial day was going to be, but refused to tell her so that she would miss it.

She gave Ithronel a firm nod before leaving to collect herself, preparing for whichever the answer might be.

Ithronel returned inside Alosrin's home and saw Alosrin trying to reach a cup of water.

"Here," the cousin handed Alosrin the cup of water, and sat beside the bed.

"Thank you, Ithronel," Alosrin smiled sickly and drank from the cup.

"How are you going to the trial tomorrow when you can barely stay awake?" Ithronel heaved with worries.

Alosrin smiled drowsily and gave Ithronel the cup back, "I'll manage somehow."

Ithronel turned away from her cousin to show that she wasn't agreeing with his decision. She still believed it was because Alosrin was naive when it came to love.

"You were right when you said educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." Alosrin chuckled trying to cheer his cousin up, "You are the one person I wish is happy for me."

"I can't be happy this way when I know it was because you lacked the education of the heart," Ithronel turned when Alosrin took her hand.

"If you don't trust my love for him, I beg that you trust me."

She saw the shimmering of his emerald eyes and the smile on his face, and she couldn't stay stubborn.

"I love you, Alosrin. You are like my brother whom I grew up with. I just don't want others to belittle or use you," Ithronel cried while embracing Alosrin.

Alosrin tapped Ithronel's back so that he could relieve some morning sickness.

Ithronel laughed and said, "This reminds me of when I get sick, somehow it was always a stomach flu and I only want you to take care of me."