Feeling Like a Mistake

Artemis stares in awe of the situation as Da'an Ryul particularly dresses Jaufasi like a mortal prince.

"We're matching," Jaufasi stares down at his clothes with a smile while speaking to Arabret.

But Arabret wears a heavy expression and glances at the Regent with much perplexity, more so than Artemis.

"It doesn't look good on you," Arabret comments while hoping that Jaufasi wouldn't fall for the Regent's cheap tricks.

Jaufasi frowns with tearful eyes and thrusts his clothes away from his body.

"Ignore him. He's just jealous at how handsome you are," Da'an Ryul picks Jaufasi up and takes the dragon boy with him.

Artemis and Arabret follow them closely behind.

"Why aren't you doing anything? That man is a bad person," Arabret complains to the big person walking beside him.

"I'm buttering him up," Artemis answers calmly. "But I don't quite understand why Jaufasi doesn't mind him when he doesn't even like me that much."

"That man took away mom, are you going to let him take Jaufasi from us as well?"

Artemis seals his lips tightly, wondering about Arabret's impression of Da'an Ryul who he would describe as a cheeky rebel.

"I'm only telling you this because I am weak and powerless whereas you are strong and powerful. Jaufasi is the last person I consider my family, so I will do whatever it takes to keep him safe," Arabret glares at Artemis before rushing to sit on his throne.

Breakfast goes smoothly as others ask who Jaufasi is and the Da'an Ryul would answer that he is his adopted son.

And after the meal, Jaufasi would sticks to Arabret, "What are you doing? I want to do it too."

"Studying is boring, you should go play with anything you want to," Arabret traces a book with one hand and write down a copy on another sheet of paper.

"Do you hate me?" Jaufasi grabs onto his fish while pouting with weak quivers.

"I don't hate you because you should hate me instead."

"You definitely hate me."

Arabret stabs his pen and breaks its tip, "I don't hate you but I'm starting to!"

Jaufasi makes the slightest sound of a squeal and Artemis and Da'an Ryul rush into the room already scolding the mortal prince of Kalor.

Da'an Ryul kisses his adopted son on the lips, "What's wrong? Where are you hurt?"

"You're a villain!" Arabret points at the Regent before walking out of the study room and locks himself in his bedroom.

Arabret gathers the Dawerilium nails in his arms as bitter tears flow from his eyes. He didn't mean to be mean to his brother but ended up making him cry.

All he wanted was for Artemis to keep his brother away from the evil Regent.

But now that all of this has happened, he no longer has a family. Perhaps he should run away, but where to? How should he escape his life?

He wishes he had a mother like Juda or Maeve, who cares for him unconditionally and planned to kill him for his throne.

"Mom. I don't want to be here anymore. I'm sorry I couldn't protect Jaufasi like I promised, but he's loved and..."

Arabret's voice trails away when he sees Jin waves at him from the balcony.

"Why are you here?" Arabret asks after letting Jin in his room.