Learning To Be A Detective

Shuichis pov

Five years later

"come on sayori we've got a case to solve"

Today my daughter sayori insisted on coming to work with me. She's determined to become a detective just like me. I'm pretty honoured.

"hello shuichi" kyoko greeted me "why is sayori here?"

"sorry about this kyoko but sayori really wanted to come and do detective work with us" I explained.

"no need to apologise shuichi" kyoko smiled warmly "This is the perfect place for sayori to learn if she's serious about this kind of work"

I smiled greatfully at her. I'm glad she's not mad at me!

"come along you two. We've got a body to inspect" kyoko walked off. We quickly followed after her.

The body was that of a twenty-four year old nurse who was shot in the side of the head.

"I checked the body over. It was definitely suicide" an older doctors said "you can even see the gun in her hand"

Sayori leaned in and closely inspected the bullet wound "it wasn't suicide" she said confidently.

"what! Are you questioning me little girl?" the doctor yelled.

"yes I am" she folded her arms "if she shot herself in the head like you claimed there would have been burn marks around the bullet wound which would only be there if the gun was pressed against her temple. There were no burn marks so its clear she was shot from a distance. It was definitely murder!"

The man gasped and turned pale.

"as a medical doctor you should have known that from a glance" she got up close to him "so why did you kill her? Were you jealous? Did she reject you in a cruel way? Answer me murderer!"

"ok I did it just please leave me alone!" he fell to his knees sobbing.

She gave him a cold glare "case closed" she muttered before walking off.

Me and kyoko stared at her in disbelief. Not only did she solve her first case on her own but she also broke the killer into a confession. She takes after her mother and that scares me!