There Must be An Exit!

Kibas pov

I felt my heart sink as I stood in that chilling room.

Killing game

Killing game

We're in a killing game!

"tch my sister was in a killing game and she was one of the first to die. Guess I should have known I'd be joining her in the grave someday" jojo muttered with a sad sigh.

I looked at him. My best friend is talking about death like its nothing! I can't allow this!

"don't talk like that!" jojo and the others looked up in surprise "no one is going to die cause we're going to find our own way out!"

"what the heck are you talking about? There is no exit!" neku yelled.

"of course there is!" I insisted "they couldn't have just summoned us here out of thin air. If they got us in here then we can get ourselves out!"

"I can get behind your logic" Jim muttered.

"actually I think I saw something like that" juno muttered "I saw a manhole outside. I thought nothing of it at first but it could be an exit!"

"Well why didn't you say so earlier!" himari said excitedly "come on everyone let's go!"

Everyone ran out. Jojo patted me on the shoulder.

"you really are something kiba"

We made it to the manhole that juno described. He lifted the manhole cover and sure enough there was a underground tunnel. We all rushed down excited at the chance of escape only to be crushed with Dispair once we saw the traps.

"what the hell are those!?"

"Hmm looks like a security system "

"tch I guess it couldn't have been that easy."

"damnit!"

Jim walked up and inspected the traps.

"I think if some of us act like pawns then a group could get out and look for help." he stated.

"hey don't go around calling people pawns dude" I scolded him.

"you misunderstand" Jim stuck his hand in the lazer trap. He pulled back and hissed in pain. "they hurt but they are not deadly. If some of us acted as pawns then a group could escape."

"well if you're so insistent about this little plan then how about you do it" neko said glaring at the boy. He simply nodded.

"I shall be the pawn if you want me too" Jim walked forward but I quickly grabbed him by the arm. He looked up at me in confusion.

"no one's going to be a pawn Jim. We'll all get out of here together!"

"that seems unlikely to succeed" Jim said doubtfully

"sure it will! This isn't a game of chess Jim we're people and when we put our minds to it anythings possible!" Jim looked unconvinced but he nodded and said he'd go along with it.

We ran through the traps and failed again

"come on guys we can do it."

And again

"we just gotta keep trying!"

And again

"OK guys third times the char-"

"shut the hell up" jakku glared at me. "I've had it up to here with your idiotic behaviour. You've ran everyone here to the point of exhaustion and you still insist on trying again as if somethings going to change. Did you really think that our captors would make it this easy to escape? You really are a idiotic boy" my eyes stung with tears at his cruel words.

"hey don't talk to kiba like that. He's just trying to help" kalya said standing in front of me protectively.

"if I wanted your opinion I would have asked you sooner" jakku growled making kalya shrink down.

"hey don't yell at her" anzu yelled.

"tch you think I really care about that stuff? We're all going to die here one by one anyway!" he yelled.

"young master those are the words of a cowered not a Yakusa!" miwa said sternly.

"go to hell miwa! I don't care what you or my family think of me!" we that he ran out in tears.

I turned to the others with a sigh "how about we rest for today?"