Comfert In Hard Times

Sayoris pov

I walked into the dining hall with naoko who was given me a quick therapy session.

"it's not your fault sayori if you didn't solve the case then we all would have died"

"I know but sending people to their deaths isn't getting easier"

"of course it's not but you are doing amazing and you're a real hero in my eyes so don't put yourself down" she smiled sweetly.

God I'm lucky to be trapped with someone like her. I think I would have gone crazy if I didn't have someone to talk to like this. Sure token and peako are great but they aren't exactly the best at pep talks plus it feels nice to have a female friend.

Speaking of going crazy once we walked into the dining hall we saw polo standing there with dark circles under his eyes. Poor kid probably didn't sleep a wink last night.

"hey polo you look tired. Wanna go back to bed?" I asked gently

"............"

"I really think you should polo a lack of sleep isn't a good thing" naoko insisted.

"............" he stayed silent. He kept staring off into the distance like he couldn't even hear me.

"hey peako I really think you should take polo to bed?" I told the boy sitting next to him.

"of course!" he took his boyfriend by the hand and gently lead him out of the dining hall.

This went on for a couple of days and polo's condition only seemed to get worse. He wasn't sleeping and he was even starving himself. I could see his cheekbones and it was really scaring me!

So I discided to take actions into my own hands. Naoko had a great way with words so I thought maybe she could help polo. I asked her and she agreed since she was also worried about him. She took him to her room and several hours later they came back and polo actually sat down and ate a meal.

"I even got him to take a nap which was kinda hard since he was having awful nightmares" naoko said looking at the boy with pity.

"wow naoko your a miracle worker!" I yelled pulling her into a hug. I don't normally hug people I'm not too close to but I've been so overwhelmed with the killing game lately that it just felt relieving to have something good happen to us.

"it was nothing really!" she said blushing in embarrassment.

Maybe things will be okay after all.