Silly goofy mood

Y/n's pov

"I still can't believe you made me do that," Kei mutters as he shoves his hands in his pockets.

"Well, believe it," I say. "Now tell me where we're going, I'm cold."

"Then freeze," he says.

"Why are you grumpy?" I ask. "You signed and paid to get your belly button pierced, I just asked you too."

"Kei, please get your belly button priced you'll look even better and I won't be mad at you anymore," he says in a mocking tone. "If you don't I might cry, or worse, die."

"Well, I really think it looks good," I say. "And now we can match."

"You got yours pierced too?" he asks.

"Well obviously," I say.

"Lemme see," he says pulling up my jacket and shirt. "You really did."

"I'm cold," I say shooing his hands away. "stop you Columbus cadet."

"I'm Japanese," he scoffs. "Idiot."

"Dumbass," I correct him.

"That name is a privilege," he says.

"And so is sleeping in the bed after being a whore," I say. "Watch yourself."

"Whatever, now that we're talking I went to Osaka to see my aunt Mai, the therapist," he says speaking rather quickly. "Told her how I felt like I wasn't good enough for you and how I need you more than you need me. Then after talking more I realized that I have an issue with overthinking and I have a tendency to protect my insecurities onto others. Don't worry, I'm working on it right now. I'll be transparent with you, well I'll try my best to be."

"Well, I'm glad that you talked to your aunt," I say. "And that you are being honest, don't worry I won't be too sappy with you either since I know it'll just irritate you."

"I don't want to talk about it anymore," he says taking my hand. "That's all I had to say, and I won't be fucking off anymore."

"Okay, the last thing I'll ask, what can I do for you?" I ask. "Just to be the best girlfriend?"

"You already are the best girlfriend, for putting up with me," he rolls his eyes. "Now no more talking or you're gonna miss it."

"Miss what?" I ask.

Fireworks.

The same bridge we first went to five years ago.

"I know that you love them," he says loosely wrapping his arms around me. "And so does Kasumi."

"So this must mean it's a new year now," I say. "Where my kiss at? You're gonna pass up a chance to kiss me?"

"Well obviously not," he says before leaning closer. "I'm not stupid."

Then it hit me.

"Kei," I say pulling away from him. "Who is setting off these fireworks?"

"Uh, Kyotani and Koganegawa," he says.

"And Kasumi?" I ask. "Where is she?"

"Probably down there holding the lighter," he says.

"You let our four-year-old daughter set of real fucking fireworks?" I question as they continue to go off.

"You called her our daughter," he smiles, not listening to a word I have to say.

But it's alright, so long as Kasumi comes back in one piece.

"Happy New years, Kei," I say.

Okay.

-Crouton