[20] Oct 17, 2022 - Monday 10:56 [43]

| University

I am here in class. Jennie hasn't arrived yet, and according to Rosé, she didn't come to the previous class either. I'm starting to think she won't be coming to this one too.

...

♪ [ ~ chance with you - mehro ~ ]

And I was right... she didn't...

But who cares?

You, idiot.

"Hmm."

"You said something?" Jisoo next to me asks, looking at me confused.

"Ah-ah, no."

She nods.

I breathe out on my seat, placing my head back.

"When are you going to tell me who the girl is?" Rosé asks and smirks at me.

Jisoo looks at us in silence, analyzing me with her serious gaze.

I laugh nervously.

"There's no girl. Pay attention to the class, Rosé."

"Hmm."

...

"Jennie finally showed signs that she is alive," Jisoo says as she grabs her phone.

I look attentively at her.

"And...?" Rosé asks.

"Oh..." Jisoo glances at me and then at Rosé.

"... She said she spent last night at X's apartment, so she stayed today..."

"Hm, so are they together again?" Rosé asks Jisoo.

I look at the board again. 

I feel my eyes get a little blurry.

Too much information at once... too much.

I gulp, trying to swallow the lump I feel in my throat.

"This is just what she said, I don't know more than this..." I'm not focused on them now, but I still can hear Jisoo.

"... But... they are doing these breakup, getting back together cycle for years..."

Years...?

"What? They are dating for that long?" Rosé asks and I look at Jisoo again.

"Mhm, since they were kids." 

Rosé widens her eyes.

What...?

I feel Jisoo's gaze on me. Don't look at me. I don't have anything to do about this, ma'am...

"... So... yes, they may be together again..."

"Jennie has so many guys that like her in our classes..." Rosé says and turns to me.

"... Aren't they obvious!?"

I flinch, widening my eyes scared and just nod yes for her to continue.

She looks ahead.

"... And she... I'm more and more convinced that dating is exhausting..." 

It's funny how Rosé and I think the same, but me, for thinking one person is too much... for her, too little...

"Don't date then," Jisoo genuinely says and chuckles.

Rosé looks annoyed at her. 

They are almost making me laugh.

"... What? You wanted me to convince you that it's not?"

"No... you're just... argh," Rosé looks at the board again... annoyed.

Jisoo chuckles.

"I'm sure... there are relationships less..." she pauses and with her hands makes the gesture of open quotes.

"... Exhausting..." 

Rosé rolls her eyes.

"... Theirs is... kind of involves other things... they... it's just a little complicated sometimes."

"Hmm," Rosé hms, still annoyed.

What does that mean...? I mean... relationships aren't always perfect, everyone knows that... I just... I don't know... what Jisoo meant by that... but... I shouldn't even be worried about this... it's their life... their relationship.