[73.2] May 22, 2023 - Monday 00:36 [260]

| Residence

♪ [ ~ Lovely - New West ~ ]

*beep*

Jennie... I hurry to her. She has her eyes all with red marks from crying... she hugs me tight and starts crying.

"We need to break up..." she says.

I get my eyes blurry and hold her face to look at her.

"Wa-no, Jennie... we don't have to, whatever it is, we can make it through together..."

She doesn't answer and hugs me again.

"... What is happening...? I already talked to X..."

"They found out about X and Sana... they must have discovered she's a cop too... and they got her... Jisoo found her last coordinates and it's in one of our warehouses... but neither we nor your aunt can find her..." she hugs me tighter.

"... And now they found out about you..."

"... But I talked with the person who runs the group--"

"What?"

"I don't think they know we are working with the police... we never talked about it directly over messages with Sana... but we talked about you... so they know X and I have been with other people... they said they can overlook it this time... but we need to break up..." she moves away from me and walks to my bedroom.

I follow her.

"Jennie... why does the group care about who you or X date? Sana is a cop, but Jisoo is with Rosé... what's the problem? I'm a nobody too..."

"Mianhae..." she opens the wardrobe and I close it with my hand again.

"Jennie... ani... this is not what you want..." I start crying too.

"But it's what we need!"  she turns around to face me.

"... I'm leaving now..."

I hold her hands.

"Sana's not dead until we know for sure... and whatever it is between you and X, your marriage... if the police catch whoever's in charge of the group and finish it... it doesn't matter anymore, right...? Come on, I love you, Jennie... I'll do anything for you... don't leave me..."

While looking softly at me... she lets go of my hands and wipes my tears in silence as hers fall too... 

She sits on the bed, breathing deeply... 

She takes off her shoes... and lies down in silence, in her normal clothes, focusing her eyes on my knees... but lost in her thoughts... with her brown eyes all red... continuing to let her tears fall silently.

I crawl to behind her and cover us with the sheets... and hug her tight from behind... 

"... Goodnight, Jennie..."

She grabs the fabric of my sweater on my forearm with strength...

"Goodnight, Lisa..."

I hug her tighter.

She's going to leave me...