[57] Feb 20, 2023 - Monday 09:55 [170]

| University

♪ [ ~ Better - Khalid ~ ] [ because, Better - Khalid *Cover* by Will Gittens on youtube is not on Spotify - why?]

I'm sitting on the bench of the class... looking at the hours on my phone screen... I maybe... may... have been counting the time for the class to start... since I woke up... to see her... there are still five minutes left until class starts...

[9:56]

Now... four...

I chuckle.

I feel so dumb doing this... but she's all I can think about when I'm alone...

*brr*

[Jennie: Hi]

[Jennie: I'm sorry, I'm going to be late]

[Jennie: But I'll be there as soon as I can]

"Why the sad face?" Sana asks as she sits next to me.

"Oh, hi... nothing... just here in class... why would I be happy...?"

She chuckles and I give her a small smile.

"Monday mornings... I feel you... why would anyone feel excited about any of this...?"

"Yeah..."

I look at my phone.

We agreed... but... we can't forget... she's not our girlfriend...

Nothing really changed... we are just the idiot who can't say no to her... the idiot who realized that... can't imagine their life without her... that would rather wait for any time she gives us... than not having her around just because we don't want to face the reality of not being her first choice...

Is either your heart or your brain... and... I just want to be with her.

But... don't get me wrong... I ain't going to beg for her time either...

I lock my phone and breath out, starting to prepare the laptop for the class.

...

"Ten minutes break," the teacher says.

I close my laptop and start to slide out.

I want to stretch my legs so badly... I can't feel my a--

"Lisa, do you know anything about Jennie? It's not usual for her to be late, is she okay?" Sana asks.

"Mhm... she's just late..."

She nods and I get out.

As I step out the door... a chuckle escapes my lips. My classroom hallway is the one that has vending machines at the end... guess who's on a break too, near the vending machine eating and... hm... lost as she chews...

I wanted to tell Rosé in person about me and Jennie... so she doesn't know that I agreed yet... I hope she doesn't lecture me in the middle of the hallway... or be upset with me when I tell her...

I walk towards her.

I lean on the wall too, near her.

"How's the class going?" I ask.

"Is going..." Rosé says still lost, eating her snacks.

"Hm... Jisoo and Mina had one of their presentations today, right...?"

"Mhm..."  

She stays silent and pensive.

"You regret not having made a group with her...?"