[90] Jan 16, 2026 - Friday 20:08 [1230] 🐻

| Hospital

♪ [ ~ Hush - Lasse Lindh ~ ]

I open her door and walk towards the window... I place her orange flowers near the windowsill and the old ones on the floor...

I push a chair and sit next to her... I look at her... since that day... I never saw her brow eyes... looking at me again... 

"Hi... it's me again... I know... I'm terrible at this... are you ready for another boring reading session with me...?"

"... I mean... you really have to say it... for me to stop..."

"... No...?"

"... Hm...?"

"... Okay...."

"... It's kinda your fault... you really had to have a book in your car... like... of course... I would beg... involving a bit of stealing from my aunt... to have it...."

"... And to my surprise... when I got it... the cover... it was the same book you were reading when you looked at me for the first time in the library..."

"... Care to explain that...? Years... years, Jennie... and you still didn't finish it...? I mean the little separator with cute stickers right at the beginning of the last chapter... come on... and you have the chapters before all written and underlined... so you really didn't read it... so... here we are again..."

"... It's a sad romance book... of course... knowing you... it is all that could it be... now that I'm starting to read it... I'm kinda afraid of the ending... that must be why you stopped... right here... well... we will get through this together... no matter how it ends... okay...?"

I open the book grabbing it with one hand.

"... I honestly don't know how you can stand there and bear with this... like... I'm sorry... but I do get lost and... I have to repeat the paragraphs again... it's really not on purpose, okay, Nini...?"

I look at her... move my free hand through the strands of her hair... to her nape... and run my fingers to the beginning of her hair there...

I stay slowly rubbing my fingers... and cough clearing my throat.

"... Part Four..."

"... The end..."

...

I step out of the Hospital through the worker's door and... look at the garden at my left side... at a bench... with... a kid sitting on it...

Mateo...

I look around and see Jennie's parent's car parked near... empty...

I clench my jaw... they could have caught me... Mrs. Kim until today still can't see me or hear my name... if she discovers I have been visiting Jennie when Jisoo's aunt works... 

Mateo sees me... and stays looking at me with a gloomy face...

Hm...

I look, one more time, around the place... they must have got in just a few minutes ago... 

I walk towards him and sit on the bench in silence...

"How you doing, sir...?"

"You're not supposed to be here..."

I chuckle tiredly...

"How do you know that...?"

"You're mommy's Lili right...?"