[67] Apr 20, 2023 - Thursday 20:12 [228]

| Residence

♪ [ ~ Before I Lose My Mind - Stripped - Ethan ~ ]

I'm losing my mind...

I hold all my bags of groceries in one hand and press the elevator button to close the door. I lean against the walls inside.

Jennie hasn't been answering my messages... and I don't want to be too forward on the phone to ask what's going on...

I tried through Jisoo, but she just said to not do anything and wait... to give Jennie time...

I just hope she's safe right now...

...

I look at my door... and open it...

I chuckle... part of me always hopes she will be here...

...

I saved all the groceries and I'm dragging myself across the living room towards the window.

I sit on the windowsill and look outside... at the paper, and outside again... and to the fucking paper again!!

I grab it! And--

"Ais-ouch," I move forward on the window, farther away from the cactus on my back.

[Do you want to see the city lights with me? I'm on the rooftop waiting for you]

I turn it around.

[XO  ̶m̶a̶n̶d̶u̶  your hot neighbour]

I chuckle and hurry to the door. I grab my sneakers and hastily put them on as I run to the elevator.

...

I give a few steps forward as the doors of the elevator open...

°°°

And there's my goddess... leaning on the edge of the parapet, looking at me, in front of the city lights that illuminate the dark sky...

°°°

And she-she's running...

My eyes get blurry, and I just have time to catch her as she jumps into my arms. Her legs wrap around my waist and her arms around my shoulders and neck.

I hug her tight.

She moves away and looks at me in silence... my favourite brown eyes...

"You're here..." I whisper.

"I am..."

"Are you okay?"

She smiles and nods with sparkly eyes too.

"I need to talk to you..."

I get her down, she grabs my hand and walks to the parapet again.

Still holding my hand, she sits with one leg tucked under her, and I mirror her position, sitting with one leg also tucked under me, facing her.

She breathes deeply.

"... I... accepted Sana's deal..."

I feel a heaviness growing, weighing on my chest...

"You didn't say it was dangerous... are you sure...?"

She nods smiling, looking at her hand as it plays with mine.

"I'm sure..."

"What do you have to do? What will happen now...?"

"Lalisa Manoban..." she slides her hand in the pocket of her pants and takes out a mini black bag, tied with a pink string, and places it between our legs on the edge.