[36.3] Dec 20, 2022 - Tuesday 20:14 [107]

| Residence

♪ [ ~ Warm December - Sabrina Claudio ~ ]

*beep*

I'm on the sofa and I look at the door opening.

Jennie comes already wearing pyjamas... so that means... maybe... she wants to sleep here again... and... I'm really okay... processing that information...

I try to contain my smile. I get up and walk to the counter. I lean against it as I look at her.

"When do you plan to return my door card?"

"You have more, don't you?"

I chuckle and don't answer, following her with my eyes as she puts down some bags next to me on the counter.

"... I'll do the dinner," she turns to me smiling.

"Hmm... but you don't need to."

She goes to my front and wraps her arms around my neck.

"But I want to. I like to cook..."

I move my hands to her back.

"So it's not because you trying to avoid my great skills?"

She chuckles.

"No, cooking is one of my favourite things to do..."

I smile.

"Ohh, is it..?"

"Mhm... it relaxes my mind... but... it's the first time I'll do this... so the results may not be the best ones..."

I chuckle.

"Don't worry..."

She moves her hands to my waist.

"I like to try new plates... so you just have to be open-minded about this one."

"Mhm... relaxing is kinda the opposite I feel when I cook... so... no matter what it is, you can always... be the one cooking that I will clean," I chuckle.

She stares at me silently.

"... But I'll help too...!"

She keeps looking at me pensively.

"... And it's just when you feel like it..."

I breathe deeply.

It was that fucking stupid word... I think it is better to... wake up now...

"... Jennie... can we--"

"Let's start! And of course, you will help..." she lets go of me and starts to get the things out of the bags.

"... Or I'll practice my aim with these knives and you as a target if you don't."

"Ah... mhm."

She chuckles.

...

♪ [ ~ Feelings - Lauv ~ ]

We already ate and we were on my sofa, watching just reality TV shows... 'cause two Shrek movies in one day is just too much for a certain someone...

Jennie went to the bathroom... with her phone... which is... normal... she is taking ages... which can be... also normal too...

I breathe deeply looking at the Christmas lights outside.

I'm so afraid to ask... what's really going on...

She became so distant... so pensive... more lost in her thoughts. And now... no matter what I do... I can't shake her out of it... I guess is time for us to have... the talk... and everything indicates I will not like it... part of me just wants to delay it. I don't want to ruin this any sooner than it needs to be...