Long Distance Flaws (Reyes)

"So how long till you're home?"

You shrugged. "It'll feel like forever, babe."

The man on the other side of the screen shrugged as well, a cigarette lodged in between his lips. You hated it when he did that: smoked. So many arguments had been about his nicotine use.

"Boarding for the Ret, get your ass over here Y/L/N!"

You looked up to your Sergeant, a small guy with a big voice. "I have to go, baby."

"Okay, love you," he turned from where he sat and winked at you through the screen of your tablet.

"Love you," you breathed and shut off the Skype call.

Tucking the tablet into your bag, you hustled for the small ship taking supplies to the Retribution, a major Space Warfare Carrier. You had always wanted to serve on the ship under Commanding Officer Nick Reyes. It had been a goal from the start and for the last year you'd been on the ship.

"The Retribution doesn't have time for video calls," your Sergeant snapped once you sat aboard the smaller drop ship.

"Yes Sir!"

You knew that.

~~~

"So these are your new quarters," the younger man pointed out your almost empty home for the next few weeks.

You almost frowned at the sad environment- the bed didn't even have a comforter. Why did you have to move again?

"Trust me when I say that you won't be doing much sleeping on board. There's always too much going on."

You blinked and nodded. "I know that."

"Well," the guy dipped his head, "I'll leave you to it then."

"Thank you."

You went in your quarters, throwing your duffel bag on the bed with a thud. You unpacked lightly and quickly, opening up Skype in the process. You always wanted to see his face, know what he was doing, since that night. That night you came home and...

"H-Hi!"

You raised an eyebrow to your boyfriend's odd demeanor. "What are you doing?"

"Well, I was trying to play some major games."

"Blaming me for wanting to talk to you?"

You watched as his eyes rolled to the back of his head as he did something with his hand out of the screen.

"What the fuck is going on?"

Suddenly a blond woman ran and jumped into the room, landing butt naked on the bed. You gasped in horror and glared at your boyfriend. He pulled up a needle with some nasty-looking liquid in it.

"She's drugged, I swear, I don't know who-"

"Damn you!" you yelled and slammed of the tablet, throwing it against the wall.