Regret (Requested Captain Price)

Will contain smut!

You landed a punch to the enemy's jaw, launching them back into the nearest wall. Another one ran up and moved to jam his gun into your head. You dodged and then kicked the soldier to the ground, hearing his grunt of pain.

When you faced the third attacker, your heart temporarily stopped. He eyed you with calm blue eyes, but you could tell there was a storm of frustration underneath the serenity. While he gripped his gun you knew he wouldn't use it on you. He didn't want to place a hand on you in that way; you were his only weakness and vice versa.

"Price," you stood straighter, raising your chin.

"What are you doing here Y/N?"

"My mission."

Price's jaw locked sideways, signaling he was disappointed. You knew he had never meant to let you slip from his fingers, but you had. You'd turned on them, him mostly. To you, he was now an enemy and nothing more.

Why is your heart beating as it is then?

"You know I can't let you leave," Price spoke slowly.

You nodded. "You know I'm going to."

"Don't make me do it," his finger moved closer to the trigger.

You smirked. "You don't have the guts."

When his face faltered, you released the smoke grenade held behind your back. It blew between you, leaving him blind and you to bolt past him. He coughed, moving away from the smoke as you darted down the stairs from the building.

"I need a chopper here now!" you told your comrades in the radio.

"On the way, head east."

You glanced over your shoulder to see Price sprinting after you. You dodged left, throwing down a shelf from one of the mansion's hallways. Price was temporarily blocked by it, deciding to leap over it.

"Give it up Price!" you called out a you dumped a crate of office supplies into the hallway behind you.

You darted right, into a smaller room and slid to a stop. The two other doors were locked, leaving you trapped. You spun in preparation, facing a steady Price. He panted, but glared at you from the doorway.

"If you just stop fighting it won't be as hard," his voice was firm.

You glanced around, trying to find a way out of this. The idea came upon you when you felt along your thigh subtly. You began to walk backwards, trying to look as if you were submitting into capture.

"I won't let-"

You cut him off as he moved, throwing your knife as hard as you could at his shoulder. Close enough to the wall, the knife struck just his uniform and pinned him to the wall. You bolted out the exit, leaving Price to disconnect himself from the small trap.

You continued through the mansion, getting a better idea of where your exit was. It was within seconds you could hear Price running after you again, his footsteps heavier than yours. You mentally rolled your eyes.