I Said I'd Find You (Requested Ajax)

Your eyes scanned the baseball stadium. Federation soldiers crawled around the stadium like annoying little roaches in the siding of housing. You turned your nose up to their activity and continued scanning with your binoculars.

"Where are you Ajax?" you whispered, searching endlessly for your fellow comrade.

You ended up spotting Ajax in one of the baseball press boxes. He looked like he was being interrogated. When he flipped the two Feds off in front of him, you smirked to his toughness. Knowing him personally meant you understood his personality. Over the three weeks he'd been absent, you had learned that you missed him.

The Federation soldier moving to violently punch Ajax made your smirk disappear. Replaced with determination and resent. The Federations bastards.

Shoving your binos into your bag, you positioned your rifle to your shoulder and took off towards the press box. You kept an eye out for both enemies and friendlies.

Merrill hadn't let you go on the mission because you'd hurt your leg during the last one. It wasn't too bad but he always expected the best. If you had even the slightest mishap that supposedly meant a bad job.

So you decided to sneak out of the base and find Ajax yourself. You knew Merrick and Keegan were somewhere nearby too, but you still considered it a solo mission. Were you crazy? Absolutely.

You wanted your Ajax back.

Moving through the shadows, you offed the single guard standing at the side entrance. You dragged his body up against the side of the building in the shadows. Pressing forwards once again, you realized you were closer to Ajax than you'd originally thought.

Hearing a loud crash and explosion, you stopped at a slide. You gazed at the commotion, eyeing a green truck ramming through surprised Federation forces.

"There you are," you whispered, moving to a spot they would hopefully stop at.

Suddenly two other trucks boxed them in, forcing the driver of the friendly vehicle to veer right. You watched as the truck bounced up the stadium seats into the stadium. They crashed into a gate, finally halting.

You couldn't see what happened next, but you heard shots. Out of worry, you rushed on the outskirts of the field, ducking behind the cement barrier to avoid being seen.

You reached the crashed vehicle quickly, groaning out of annoyance as you realized the men had already moved up. You noticed there were four figures rather than two and grew wary. There was also a German Shepherd.

"Merrick!" you called as they pushed through attacking enemies.

Merrick didn't hear you but addressed the group. "Ajax is through this atrium. Move! Move! Move! Hurry, before more guys get here!"

They engaged the enemies some more, making you have to duck at the shots being returned. You gazed at an upper level, noticing that it would circle around to the other side of things. Running for the ladder, you climbed three steps at a time. You punched the unexpected Fed and then shot him.

"Keep firing! Keep pushing forward," you could hear Merrick commanding below you.

Hustling to wrap around, you shot at the reinforcements. By the time you'd reached the end of the balcony, you'd cleared a lot of the enemies. The ladder going down was broken at the end.