Chapter 93: Never Underestimate Your Opponent

Juniper was standing outside in the forest. Buttercup before her and gently eating slices of fruit from her hand. Galadriel was watching with a smile. She too knew the whole story. She having seen this . This was the darkness she had seen when the fairy first came to Thranduil. Yet now she was seeing the light within the darkness. "Do they all come to you? " She asks and Juniper offered Buttercup a slice of apple. " Well Buttercup does. The white stag will allow me to touch him. I do not know about the other great beasts but the smaller ones always come when I call." Galadriel marveled at the bear. Beorn would find himself with an equal. "have you spoken to the eagles yet?" She asked and sat down on a rock. "No I haven't but I suspect I will be at some point." She curled her nose when Buttercup insisted on licking her hands of the last sweet juice from the fruit. " Oy buttercup stop " she nudged the bear with her whole body. " Go on now . find the bad guys and eat them."

"I have taken great joy in watching you grow Juniper. You are far more than the scared Fae that cried and begged for my forgiveness." Juniper smiled and stepped closer to Galadriel and crawled up into her lap. " I am still the Fae that would cry at your feet and beg forgiveness for hurting you Galadriel." She said softly and hugged her . "Oh I know that My Little Queen. I am so happy that you have always stayed kind. I worry for you though. I know what a hard road lies ahead." Galadriel lay her head gently upon Junipers. "I will make it. I have friends and family. Do not worry so much. I am tougher than I appear. " this made Galadriel chuckle. "oh I know little Fae I know. "

---~*~*~~00~~*~*~---

Minol and Galion had become somewhat of a couple in the days that passed. Gandalf still slept and everyone waited for him to return. Juniper found them to be absolutely too adorable. Galion always trying hard to not show any feeling towards Minol and Minol constantly bombarding him with affection. Oddly she didn't feel this was Minol being a smart ass but it was more like his honest attempts and showing someone true affection and even love. Glorfindel found it hilarious but knew better than to say anything openly. The Queen had spoken on that.

Legolas was making progress on Lasgalen. The people were beginning to truly work together. Building in shifts . Training in shifts and becoming stronger with each day. Medicine and food making a huge difference. Thranduil was impressed by his son . He was showing himself to be worthy of a crown.

The 12th day Gandalf slept Juniper and Minol sat in his rooms and waited still for his return. "I'm being a bit selfish." He said to her. "What I am doing with Galion has nothing to do with my plan." 

She turned to face him. "well then why are you doing it?" She asked curious of his answer. 

"I suppose I just want to know what it feels like to be loved in return. " 

It took her a few moments to understand. She gasped softly and felt her eyes getting wet. He scoffs with a smile and leans over against her. 

"I'm sorry Minol" she whispers. 

"no need for any of that My Love. I knew what I was getting into with you remember. Galion is something different. It's purely selfish and the more I give him the more he gives back. I have never had that. I have always taken or given but never at the same time. " 

She smiles and leans her head against him now. "I am happy for you Minol. " He sniffed a bit. " Thank you."

"Well that's all sweet and good but could someone help me I am a bit stiff." 

They both jumped up at the sound of Gandalf's voice. Minol helped him to sit up slowly and Juniper got him some water which he guzzled down and asked for more. "Please go get the Kings ready. I need to speak to everyone." Juniper looked to Minol then pulled away and ran from the room. She telling the guards to go get the Kings. Word being passed around. Kings would be pulled from meals and tasks and head to the Formal Dining hall.