Chapter 123: The Palantir

Elladan and Kree were getting closer to their goal. The tracks were more fresh. They topped a hill and in the distance below they could see the dark mass of the army against the light colored terrain. Kree gasped and her jaw slackened.

"It is not the largest army ever created but it is still impressive." Elladan said to her and watched her reaction.

"Not the biggest?" She said in disbelief and looked to him. "I would have hated to see the biggest."

He just grinned at her and leaned over kissing her softly. "You're quite cute when you are surprised."

She wrinkled her nose at him and watched the mass move and the dust it kicked up blow in the wind. Elladan looked back at the army and sighed. "Well your westron is getting better the more you use it. That will make it easier for you to communicate. Most of my troops speak it. I would like it if you stayed with me. "

"You think I would wander off and join someone else?" She asked amused.

"I was hoping not." He felt himself grinning even more.

Kree went silent and stared into nothingness. Elladan had seen his father get this same look when he was having a vision. "Kree what do you see?" He asked gently.

"I see a large round stone. It is dark but inside it swirls like it is alive. In certain light it resembles a cat's eye jewel. It is in the hands of a woman. She hates this stone, but she must endure it and the evil within. There is a smaller one. It is surrounded in gold. It is like the larger one. It is a very pretty cat's eye. There is evil in these stones. She has given it to a female elf. "

Elladan feels his stomach drop and a wave of fear wash over him. "What else to do see?"

"This elf. She is in a tent surrounded by injured people and elves. She doesn't know the evil she possesses. It sneaks into her dreams it..." Kree gasps and looses the vision. Her eyes begin to fill with tears. "We must hurry."

Elladan nods and they begins to ride hard towards the army in the distance.

It was when the army had finally stopped for the day and was setting up camp when Elladan and Kree finally caught up. They were stopped by mounted guards but only long enough for them to see it was Elladan. He rode into the camp and found the banners of Imladris. The elves there were surprised to see him. He and Kree dismount and the horses are taken to be tended to.

He and Kree moved through the camp to Elrohir's tent. The guards outside looked wide eyed as Elladan pushed past them and drug Kree inside with him.

Elrohir was in conversation with his captains . He stood up as Elladan entered and gasped. "Gwador! Where is Ada? Why are you here?"

"I am sure Ada is fine. I do not have time to explain. Where are the healing tents?" He asked a very confused looking Elrohir.

Elladan burst from the tent . His hand holding Kree's tightly . She moved right along with him. Elrohir following them . His questions were never ending . Elladan continued to wave him off. Finally Elrohir grabbed Elladan by the shoulder and forced him to stop by pulling back hard and almost putting him on his backside.

"At least tell me who this is." He said as Elladan spun around to see his brother holding a hand out towards Kree.

Elladan rolled his eyes. " Kree , Elrohir, Elrohir Kree there introductions made. Come on Kree."

Elrohir watched his brother's back for a few seconds as he quickly moved through the camp with his elleth no wait she was peredhel. 'Peredhel!' he thought and blinked running to catch up. "Gwador! Wait !" He barked the command then said firmly "Na hen lû orchel nin. Car-le baur rîn? (I am your superior at this time. Do you need reminded?)