Fly High

Valerian: HARU!

Me: WHAT?!

Valerian: I told you not to go right but left!

Me: And?

It's been a couple of weeks that I was together with Valerian and he was so nice to show me the way around and train me to become his little successor. There was not much to know about being a vigilante. You kinda just go for it and do what you want. Something along the line of being half legally and half illegally and so on. It was fun to be honest and most of the time I was just running around just like now. 

Valerian: Why would you go right?

Me: Because this is a shortcut.

Valerian: But this is also on the path where a hero is stationed right now!

Me: WHA- Oh shoot!

I was connected whit Valerian over a small ear bud and he was telling me where to go and whenever there was a crime, I was most of the time earlier there than any hero. For now, I was just taking up easy works like robbery or assults in the streets. Nothing much about villains or murderers. It was boring but I knew why he was telling me to only go for them. In the end, I was not ready and by far not trained enough to actually stumble against a hero or a villain. Maybe small fries like robbers but that was it. Besides that I was also delivering Valerians letters now and break into the police department. I was good in breaking in that I believed that I might even be a thief at one point. 

Oh well, the truth was different. Valerian found out who I was and he offered me over and over again that I could actually read up on it but I refused soo many times that he put a letter in my hand and told me to open it whenever I was ready. Well this was typically him. Besides I was glad he just let me be there and didn't ask much questions.

Me: What now?

Valerian: Use your wings to get up into the air.

Me: But I can't fly that much and you know that.

Valerian: YET! Boy if you ever gonna learn how to fly then now is the time for this.

Me: Oh and what do you want me to do?'

Vlaerian: Jump off the rooftop.

Me: Are you crazy?!

Valerian: You have wings!

Me: Fuck you!

Valerian: Sure whatever just do it.

Me: Are you sure though?

Valerian: I am! Now go for it!

Me: ... Ah man... I don't know about this!

I might have said that but I was already running towards the edge. What I was wearing right now was kinda really comfy. Apparently Valerian used this in his youth and it fitteded  me perfectly so I could wear it with the exception that my back was exposed.

 Apparently Valerian used this in his youth and it fitteded  me perfectly so I could wear it with the exception that my back was exposed

To make one thing clear, this costume was not for fighting nor was it for protection. In fact this frabirc could protect my chest but other than that, not really. I was kinda glad about that part. However the most important part about this design was the ability to move freely in it. It wasn't restircting anything and I could easily just mix withing people since it was not flashy at all. That was why it was looking like it was.

Anyways, so I just went for the edge of the building and dove straight down off the rooftop. Of course I used my quirk and let my bony wings get on fire. Withing minutes later, I was gfliding but the idea behind this was to fly so I tried flapping my wings a couple of times and guess what happened? At first I thought I was actually flying but in the next second I was falling.

Me: SHIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!

Valerian: KIDDO! Position yourself again!

Yeah this might have been the most stupidest thing I have ever done but whatever. I had kionda faith in what Valerian said so I did what he told me and immediately dove a bit more to start gliding right in the last second. This was a close call but while I thought I was gliding, I suddenly started to fly. !!!

I!

NO WAY!

I AM FLYING!

I AM FLYING!

Me: I AM FLYING VALERIAN!

Valerian: I can see that.

Me: I AM FLYING!

Valerian: Good job now make a U-turn immediatly.

Me: Huh, why?

Valerian: Because you are currently flying straight into Endeavor.

Me: SHIT! Tell me that sooner!

Once again, I acted and did what he told me just to escape the hero in the last second and land somewhere nearby to run the way back. Flying was way too exhausted for me. There was no way I could fly back so I gave up on that thought and went back home without any feat in particulary. Meanwhile Valerian was following me with his small drone. He had eyes and ears everywhere after all. Never underestimate this viligante. That's what I learned the first day I was with him.