More than just a game!

It was not for long that I was left alone with Hound Dog and I was quite confused about how to feel but the heroes kinda rushed outside after getting another call. Seems like the situation was really bad when they had to run out of the house and Hound Dog walk after them to close the front door.

What now though?

Hound Dog: Wanna watch some TV or talk or play? I can also tell you a story. I am good with these.

The silence was quite killing the room and I was thankful that Hound Dog suggested something and I don't know why exactly but I decided playing a game would distract me more than anything from what he had offered.

Me: How about we play something?

Hound Dog: Alright. Hide and Seek or card game?

Me: Card game.

Hound Dog: Uhhh do you know the game liar?

Me: No... how do you play it.

Hound Dog: I will split a set of card and then you chose a symbol. Whoever is not putting the symbol down you said is a liar but the thing is we will place the cards down so that we can't see what the card is and you have to call me out being a liar. If you are right then I will take all cards that we both discarted on the table if you are wrong, you have to take all the cards. Of course same thing goes when I call you out as liar. Simple right?

Me: I think I get it.

Hound Dog: want to play that?

Me: Sure.

 So we both sat on the living room floor as he pulled out some cards from his own bag. This was how we started the game while also having some talk. Nothing was planned but he seemed quite the chatter box. I didn't really mind it as it definitely felt good just listening to him while we played.

Hound Dog: Ah there was this one time Aizawa decided to actually throw every single person of his class out. He dispelled them! Can you believe it a whole class and that only because they made fun about his sleeping bag.

Me: Really?

Hound Dog: Yup. 

Me: I...I'm calling out Liar.

Hound Dog: Are you sure?

We went of for a while and there was a pile of cards in front of us and I had this feeling that he just put a heart down instead of spade. 

Me: Yeah.

Hound Dog: Alright, let me reveal it.

In fact I was right and he laughed it off telling me he didn't had any spades for a while now. Meanwhile I just had put down only spades never even lied a single time at all. This game didn't seem to be hard but kinda fun.

Hound Dog: Ah man.. .you didn't even lie a single time!

Me: Why should I?

Hound Dog: Because you need to empty out your hands.

Me: Yeah but I didn't had to lie till now.

Hound Dog: I see.... you seem like an honest kid. Your mother would be proud of you.

Me: No, she wouldn't.

Hound Dog: Huh? Why is that? I can see that you are a nice kid and honest and just pure cinnamon roll.

Me: No. . . I am responsible that she died.

Hound Dog: Why?

Me: I could have warned her if I would have had just paid enough attention to our surrounding. I could have begged her to not go and-

Hound Dog: Could you have teleported that truck away?

Me: No.

Hound Dog: Can you see the future?

Me: No.

Hound Dog: Then what about levitation or telekinesis?

Me: No. My quirk are my wings and the flames I can produce.

Hound Dog: then how did you kill her?

Me: I....

I kinda really wanted to reply but I couldn't. Nothing came to my mind at all as we continued to play the game. This time I was glad we played something because I didn't wanted to look him in the eyes and he seemed to accept this fact because next thing I know he calls me out being a liar. Of course I didn't lie at all and so he had to take even more cards into his hand laughing it all off.

Hound Dog: At this rate, I'll lose! Damn you seem good at this game. 

Me: I am just not lying. Is that really being good at the game?

Hound Dog: Yup because you could tell that I was lying or at least caught me lying.

Me: And?

Hound Dog: This game is all about getting to know the other person.

Me: Really? 

Hound Dog: Yes and I know what a pure soul I have in front of me right now.

My heart skipped a beat because I felt happy that he had complimented me. Not only that but he kinda made me think about the accident a bit more as well. I really started to hate myself for thinking about all these and my thoughts up until now always took me in circles but right now it was different because I started to think that it was impossible for me to have done anything at all. The result made me feel more angry about myself instead of sad. I don't know why but it felt like a switch had just flipped in my head.

I thought I killed her....

I....

But...

No....

Me...

Murderer....

How did I murder her?

I couldn't do anything at all!

I may be there but I am a kid!

My quirk couldn't also help!

It was one second and then ... shit!

Why did this happen?!

Why did it had to be us?

How could I think all these time that it was my fault while also forgetting about her?

How could I not feel sad about her and fell into... into... into that!

I...

Fuck this world!

What is wrong with it and...

What is wrong with myself!3

Hound Dog: Kiddo?

Me: Huh?

Hound Dog: I got Uno with me as well. Wanna switch games after this?

Me: Sure.

Hound Dog: I also brought chess and another game with me. 

Me: You really like games don't you?

Hound Dog: I am all about them!

He smiled at me and it was his voice once again that snapped me out of my own thoughts at the right time. This man in front of me really had a knack for these thigns for sure and I was kinda happy spending some time with him.