Failed Shot • 11

We were running fast through trees, trying to look for someone. I was disappointed when I found out who we were looking for.

"Bellamy?" I called out, making him turn quickly.

"What are you doing here, Kota?" He didn't like that I was there, I watched his eyes harden.

"Where is it?!" Clarke yelled from behind me, catching up to the two of us.

"No idea what you're talking about," he spat back. Finn and Raven got to us now.

"Bellamy where is the radio? They're about to kill three hundred people up there," I pleaded for him to tell me.

"Bellamy Blake? They're looking everywhere for you-" Raven said, taking his attention from me.

"Shut up!" He cut her off. He looked back at me and I could sense guilt.

Raven noticed our confusion, "he shot Chancellor Jaha."

"You what?" I said, stunned. The puzzle of Bellamy Blake has finally completed in my mind, no wonder he wanted everyone up there to think we were dead. That's how he got on the drop ship with Octavia.

"Jaha deserved to die," he defended himself.

"Except he's not dead," Raven shot back. "I guess you're a lousy shot."

He looked as if he was going to lunge at Raven, but I grabbed his wrist before he could which caused him to face me once again.

"You're not a murderer Bellamy, you'd do anything for Octavia. Now do something for three hundred of your people who don't deserve to die today," I told him, keeping our eyes locked. I was really damn determined to get that radio back.

"It's gone," he told me. His voice was softer towards me. "It's in the lake."

"Let's go look," I said to Clarke and we began our walk back to where we just were.

Everyone was sifting through the water in hopes to find the radio, but I took a seat next to Bellamy in the grass. He tried not to acknowledge I was there, but I broke the silence.

"You make more sense now," I said to him. Now he acknowledged me, turning his head so I could see his deep brown eyes.

"How so?" He seemed interested in what I thought, probably wondering if I really did understand.

"You are constantly protecting your family, I probably would have done the same thing," I admitted. I placed my hand lightly on top of his for a moment, then stood up.

"Found it!" Some kid that joined us from camp held the dripping radio up. Bellamy got up at the news, he placed his hand on my lower back to gently push me in the direction of the group. I wish I didn't get the feeling something was missing once he took his hand away from me.

"Can you fix it?" I heard Clarke ask Raven as I approached them.

"It'll take half a day just to dry it out and see what's broken," Raven answered, examining the radio.

That's when Clarke lost it at Bellamy. She screamed how this was his fault and that he had just caused three hundred people to die.

I had enough of the blaming, "stop! We just need the Ark to somehow see we're alive. How can we do that?"

Raven's face lit up, "I have an idea."

Raven and Clarke began to bossing around a team of people, telling them what to collect to make sure these flares worked.

"You should take a group and go back to camp. Let everyone know what the plan is with the flares," I could overhear Clarke tell Bellamy. He nodded in agreement as he ordered three people to follow him back. I started toward Clarke to ask where I could help, but didn't make it that far.

"Kota, you're with me," Bellamy informed. I turned to face him and saw him waiting for me to come while the other three people began their walk.

I kind of wanted to go back to camp anyways, I needed a moment to think... or pray or something. The only thing on my mind was my family. I wanted them to know I was okay so bad it made my heart hurt.

Although I understood Bellamy's intentions with the things he's done, I was still upset about the radio. That's why I opted out of talking to him on the way back to camp and also why I buzzed off to behind the drop ship right when we entered the gates.

No one seemed to come over to this side of the drop ship which is why I liked it so much, it gave me a place to hide out by myself. I sat down in the spot I always did and pulled out the scrap metal throw knives I had grabbed in a hurry. Now I finally had the time to make them decent, deadly. I grabbed a rock sitting by my foot and began shaping the metal.

I was halfway through with my third knife before I was interrupted.

"So this is where you go?" His voice low and calm, it was different.

I looked up from what I was doing to see Bellamy. He continued walking toward me.

"Yup," I replied while standing up. I wondered why he came looking for me, but also felt a tinge of disappointed that he now knows where I was when I wasn't present at camp. My hiding spot was no longer a hiding spot from Bellamy.

He looked down at the knives I was working on before he arrived, then back to me without saying anything.

"What do you want?" I asked, getting tired of him not getting to the point of his visit. He hesitated before taking another step closer to me. He was quiet and I was getting impatient. He decided to come even closer to me, closer than he ever has face to face. "Bellamy what are-"

I was shut up, I felt like I was actually melting. His lips were owning mine, only making me want to do it back. I felt him move his hand up to my face as he swiftly pulled back. I opened my eyes as he let his hand go from my cheek and I'm sure they looked a little shocked. I was not expecting this at all, or for it to be so good. I didn't know what to say after that, so I'm glad he spoke next after a silent minute.

"I came to tell you that we need your help setting up the stands for the flares," he said. His voice was still low and his eyes would not leave my face, I could tell he felt the same rush I did. Before I could manage to say a word, he already began walking knowing I'd trail right behind him. I quickly picked up my weapons from the floor, then followed the broad man.