A Hound's Tale • 32

We watched behind the fence as the grounders set up a massive wooden post. They wanted us to watch what they were about to do to Finn.

"We can still get him, we'll get in close and take them out," Bellamy tried to give a solution.

"Bellamy, it won't work," my voice shook, I was trying to not cry.

"We have to do something," Raven desperately spoke to Abby.

"No Raven. They have thousands of people out there," Abby responded without taking her stare off of what was happening. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Clarke walk away from us. I turned to follow her and Bellamy came with.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"I'm going to talk to the commander," Clarke said as she kept walking.

"Clarke," Raven came up from behind us, stopping Clarke. "Give me your hand."

I watched as Raven slid a knife up her sleeve, "if she won't let him go, kill her." Clarke accepted the knife and continued on. Raven rushed back to the fence to watch.

"If Clarke kills the commander, there will be a war right then and there. Do not leave my side no matter what," Bellamy told me, but I only shed tears in return.

"She won't kill the commander, Bellamy. She won't risk all of our lives like that," I told him the truth.

"Let's hope she can convince her then," Bellamy said back to me. When we got back to where we could see what was happening, I took Bellamy's hand in mine. He gave me a small squeeze to let me know that he was right there with me. I felt like I couldn't breathe as I watched Clarke march up to the army.

My attention was taken away from Clarke and Lexa conversing because they were bringing Finn out now. They tied his back up against the post, his face was full of fear. I don't think I'd be able to watch what they were going to do to him if Clarke didn't succeed.

Then my sliver of hope came back when Clarke walked up to Finn. It was quickly crushed when I saw her kiss him, she was saying goodbye.

Clarke held Finn in an embrace for a long moment and when she turned away his body was limp with blood spilling out of his abdomen. I released Bellamy's hand and went to Raven as she screamed in horror.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," I whispered through my sobs. I held Raven in my arms as she crumbled to the ground. Bear was howling next to me like he knew what had just happened. I could feel Bellamy wrap himself around Raven and I to give us comfort.

Lexa marched up to the camp gates with two guards. Clarke and Raven were still huddled over Finn, helping the grounders put him onto a wagon. This made everyone panic, why was she coming up to our camp?

"Kota!" I heard Bellamy looking for me. I turned to find him behind me. "We need to get into the Ark, this could be war."

I couldn't talk because Lexa started yelling, "I'm looking to speak to the hound's handler!"

Bellamy's eyes went completely wide, she was looking for me.

"You're really going to have to trust me on this," I whispered to him.

"No way. They just killed Finn," he instantly shot back.

"I have to. I don't think she'll leave until I talk to her," I laid it out for him. "I promise you this will be okay."

"I'm coming with you," he said back to me. This made me feel a little better about the situation.

I could feel Abby and Kane staring at me, I gave them a slight nod to let them know we would deal with it. We began to the front gate side by side, nobody even tried to stop us.