Kiss My Ass • 79

When we all walked into the lab, Raven looked stunned to see us. All of us took our helmets to the suits off.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked.

"We weren't going to leave you behind," I said as I stepped down the stairs to hug her.

"There's no time to get back to the bunker now," Raven told us what we already knew.

"We're not going to the bunker, we're going to the Ring," Bellamy said as he came up beside me.

"Space?" She questioned. "How will we even survive up there?"

"They left a water reclamator there and we know that go-sci has and algae farm. That's our food and water," Clarke said.

"What about oxygen, how do we breathe?" Raven asked.

"Based on what Murphy says about the lighthouse bunker, I'm guessing or make that praying, that there's an oxygenator there. We need to take it with us," Monty chipped in.

"Can you get us there before the death wave?" I grilled.

"The death wave can kiss my ass," Raven announced.

"Where's the radio in here? I need to talk to Octavia," Bellamy spoke.

"Up there," Raven pointed to the room on the second story. I would have followed Bellamy up, but something else caught my eye.

I approached a work station that held a litter of syringes and vials. One of the syringes was filled with a dose of black liquid. I sensed Raven come up next to me.

"Is this night blood?" I asked her while I kept staring at it.

"Last dose," she told me and I turned to face her.

"Why didn't you use it for yourself?" I felt the confusion settle on my face.

"No point if everyone else was locked away for years or dead," she answered honestly. I turned back to look at the syringe and gently picked it up. I looked to Bear who was standing by my legs. I bent down in front of him and picked up his front leg.

"What are you doing?" Raven asked.

"There won't be enough room in that rocket for all of us and the oxygenator. And he won't have a suit for air. I need to give Bear a chance at least," I said quickly without facing her. Bear was panting while he looked at me, he was calm and just happy to be in my presence. He was so sweet to us that it was hard to think that the blood staining his face was because he ripped a guy's throat out.

I stuck the needle into his furry skin, he whined as I pushed the night blood marrow into his veins. This was his best chance of surviving, I would do everything in my power to make that happen for him.

"Maybe Bear will be the next commander," Raven said as I finished injecting him.

"Humanity would be better off if he was," I replied.

Raven paused before she spoke back to me, "I'm sorry Bear isn't able to come. I know how much he means to you."

I felt tears well up in my eyes, but took a deep breath to make them go away. This wasn't the time to have a meltdown.

"I just have to make myself believe the night blood works," I said more to myself than to Raven.

Raven nodded her head and gave me a quick touch on my arm before she left to get started on the crap ton of work she had to do. Bear and I made our way upstairs, I saw Bellamy sitting in a room on a couch.

Once I entered the room, he stood up fast to face me. Bellamy's face made me think something bad has happened.

"What?" I asked instantly.