Language Of Hands • 28

Bellamy had left the room to get me water while I put my clothes on. Once I was dressed I sat down to scratch Bear behind his ears.

"I'm sorry you had to be in here during that," I apologized to him. Bear accepted my apology with wet kisses across my face. I turned my head while giggling, but he just continued to lick another part of my face.

Bellamy had reentered the room at this point, making Bear stop licking my face to see who came in. He handed me a cup of water while setting another one on the ground for Bear to drink.

"Clarke wants us to meet Abby in the councilor's office," Bellamy told me as I finished drinking. I put my cup down on the small table beside the bed and grabbed my knives laying on it. Once I pocketed them, Bellamy turned to head out the door with Bear and I following.

When we got there, Clarke was already bickering with her mom while other members of the council stood around and watched. My eyes went directly to my mother who was also there. She gave me a small smile as she looked to the man I arrived with.

"What is going on?" Bellamy broke up the fighting for a second.

"She doesn't want to look for Finn and Murphy," Clarke said as she turned to us. This ticked me off immediately.

"You mean the people who are out there looking for your daughter right now?" I shot towards Abby.

"We don't have the man power to send a team out for them," Abby tried to explain.

"Mom, they will get killed or make things worse with the grounders and we need the grounders to go against Mount Weather," Clarke fired back. I knew I was missing some crucial information at this point, so was Bellamy.

"Go against Mount Weather?" He questioned before I could.

"They have the rest of our people from the drop ship there. They have hundreds of grounders locked up and use our blood as treatments for radiation since they aren't able to handle it. That's where I escaped from," Clarke caught us up. I started to feel sick at the thought that that was where the man in the hazmat suit was taking me.

"You can let us go look for them," Clarke stated, addressing her mom once again.

"Absolutely not," Abby disagreed.

"Someone needs to find them mom. We will go," Clarke was trying to get through to her.

"I just got you back!" Abby's voice rose. During this, I realized the only other person in the world who knows sign language other than me stood only a couple of feet away.

I signed to my mom discretely who was already looking at me, 'tell Raven. Twenty minutes. Backside."

She gave me a quick nod to show me she understood. Jackson came running in, requesting for Abby to get to medical.

"Byrne. Nobody leaves this camp," Abby ordered before she left.

Clarke turned to Bellamy and I and kept her voice quiet, "we're going to need guns."

I looked past her to see that my mom had left, "it's already handled." I could tell both Bellamy and Clarke were confused, but I started my way down the hallway thinking it was best to walk and talk.

Bellamy and I met Raven and my mom where I said to. Clarke went to confirm Abby's location and look for Octavia.

"You look better," I said as we approached Raven. She gave me a chuckle in return and placed a duffle bag full of guns in front of us.

"Thank you Kota," she said to my compliment, but I knew she meant it for helping her through her pain. I looked to my mom with a face of gratitude for doing this with us.

"He's gotten very handsome," she said while looking to Bellamy.

"Mom," I was surprised that those were the words that left her mouth. I could tell Raven was holding back a smile.

Bellamy let out a small laugh, "it's good to see you here, Mrs. Solace."

Clarke came around the corner before things got awkward for me. "My mom's in surgery and the search team for Kane already left."

"Did you find Octavia?" Bellamy asked.

"I found you," Octavia said, appearing from behind us. She looked at all of us but stopped at my mom. "You're Tessa."

I don't know how she knew this since they've never met, but apparently my mom and I did look as similar as my dad would say.

"Octavia Blake," my mom reached out and took both of my friend's hands in her's. "You really are a warrior."

"The fence isn't hot anymore, you guys need to go before it kicks back up," Raven broke up the moment. Bellamy was the first to crawl through the fence lines, holding it up for Bear to jump through with me following. My mom stayed behind with Raven. We kept low as we walked off from camp and into the forest.

As we walked to the village Octavia was leading us to, Clarke told us everything she had on Mount Weather. I knew it would be a battle to get our people out of there, but we had to. I was relieved to hear that Monty, Jasper and Miller were okay for now.

After hours of walking, we decided it was in our best interest to get some rest. Bellamy started a fire to give us some heat and light during the night. I ate some of my food and gave Bear pieces of it as well. I looked to Octavia only to find that she had already fallen asleep. When I finished, I laid down in between Bear and Bellamy.

Bellamy was sitting down and looked like he had no intention of going to sleep. He looked down at me, scanning my face with admiration.

"Get some sleep," he said lightly to me. He didn't have to tell me twice, I was exhausted. I shut my eyes and started to doze off until I heard Bellamy start talking. I laid still and kept my eyes closed knowing he was talking to Clarke. I wanted to hear the conversation but I didn't have the energy to be involved.

"Last time I saw you, you were closing the drop ship door," I heard him say. This was news to me, I had no idea Clarke had left him on the other side. Without a reply from Clarke, Bellamy spoke up again. "It had to be done."

"I'm glad Kota is okay," Clarke finally talked. "I know she's important to you." Now Bellamy was the one who was silent, but it was weird that I could feel him looking at me.

"And she found the cutest friend on the planet," Clarke added. Her comment made Bellamy chuckle.

"Clarke, Finn isn't the same as last time you saw him. Losing you and going through a war... it changed him," Bellamy told her. I would have continued to listen, but real sleep took over my fake sleep. I also didn't want the image of Finn executing that grounder to come back into my head.

I woke up on my own to see that it was still dark out. Bellamy never moved from his spot, so I definitely didn't sleep for very long. When I sat up, I could see Octavia starting to wake up as well.

"Let's keep going," Clarke said once she noticed we were all awake.

My feet were starting to go numb from all the walking and I felt relieved when Octavia said we were basically here.

She was staring at a massive statue. I recognized it from my mom teaching me all the presidents. I was amazed at the monument in front of us until I saw Octavia's face.

"Octavia?" I asked as tears spilled from her eyes.

"That's where the reapers came from," she told us. I pulled her into a hug to comfort her.

"I couldn't save Lincoln," she cried. I looked up to see Bellamy holding sad eyes. We stayed in our embrace until Bear started growling.

"He's looking in the direction of the village," Octavia noticed, wiping her tears. Rapid gun shots started going off in the distance and we took off after it.

I couldn't believe my eyes when we arrived. There were several grounders laying on the floor, lifeless. Clarke and Octavia rushed onto the scene, but I couldn't seem to move my body. I knew Finn had done this even though Murphy was there too. But Murphy didn't look guilty, he looked defeated.