Truth Is Hard To Hear • 135

The entire day consisted of pacing for me. Bellamy tried to get me to stop and take a minute to relax, but I was reluctant. When nightfall came around again, my stress only rose.

At this point Bellamy asked me enough times to get behind some cover that I complied. I was once again sitting in between Bellamy and Octavia as we watched and waited for that damn shield to power down.

"Do you think they're still alive?" I asked softly, frustrated that I had no control over what was going on in there.

"They are," Octavia answered back confidently.

"Look at you being the optimist," I teased slightly without taking my eyes off the view ahead.

"Someone's gotta do it," Octavia held a little entertainment in her voice.

Then it finally happened, the lights that signaled that the shield was active turned off. It was down.

Bellamy looked over to Octavia and I as it happened. "Told you guys she'd do it," he joked.

Octavia gave me a playful nudge so my shoulder would bump into Bellamy. It made me let out a small laugh and placed a smile on both Bellamy and Octavia's faces.

"Death to Primes!" Nelson roared from behind us. I turned to see the rest of the Children of Gabriel stand up and raise their weapons as they howled the same words as Nelson.

At this point, we all got up from our crouched positions and started running into Sanctum. It was officially time to get our people out of here.

After running through the seemingly endless field of crops, we came up on a few figures that looked as if they were waiting for us to arrive. It was our friends.

Bellamy and I enveloped Echo into a group hug, it was so good to see her okay after hearing from Murphy that she was in trouble.

"Sorry to cut the moment short," Clarke was quick to the point. "But Russell told the people that it was a false alarm. They're not evacuating. We have no distraction."

"The rest of our friends are still in trouble and we don't have the people to fight our way through," Echo added.

"We're not here to fight," Bellamy made clear. "We're here to liberate."

"Bellamy's right," Layla agreed. "The only weapon we need for that is truth."

"You sound like Gabriel," Nelson shook his head.

"Where is Gabriel?" Clarke noticed he was not with our group. "And why did he set off the alarm so soon?"

"Hold on," Echo didn't give the chance for anyone to answer Clarke's question. "They won't believe us just because we tell them the truth."

"You have an idea," I stated, wanting to know more details.

"I'm thinking Ryker helped us start this. His mother will finish it ," Echo nodded to the female figure standing next to Gaia and Clarke. I don't know why I didn't question the scene earlier, Priya was stagnant there with a a fabric bag over her head.

I watched as Clarke pulled a mind drive out of her pocket and almost gasped, "Ryker's dead."

That's how we were going to get Priya to tell her people the truth. She does that she gets her son back.

"They think I'm Josephine," Clarke said as she held out the mind drive to me. "So it can't be me."

"You want me to do it?" I was a little confused as to why. I would've though she would have given it to Bellamy for him to do it.

"People trust your intentions. Maybe that'll help make sure there's no violence," Clarke told me her reasoning. I took the mind drive and pocketed it safely in my pants. I could see Bellamy out of the corner of my eye tense up. He knew I could handle myself, but that didn't stop him for hating when I had to. To my surprise though, he didn't object, he only looked like he wanted to. "We need to do this now."