Fate Of The Thirteenth Clan • 63

I could see the blade glowing as Roan pulled it out. My breathing was not regular anymore, I was so stressed out. He came over to me and knelt down.

He moved my hands off my thigh to expose my injury. He didn't make it any further though, the doors opened and Clarke was shoved in. His attention was pulled away from me for a second as he instructed his guards to leave us.

"What are you doing?" Clarke immediately said as she saw Roan kneeling over me. I could tell she was shocked to see me in here, they probably had no idea where I was.

Roan stood up and responded, "helping your friend." I was able to take a deep breath as the hot knife moved away from me.

"Let me look at it," Clarke said as her eyes landed on my bloody leg. Roan didn't say anything but his body language insinuated that he'd allow it.

Clarke rushed over to me and began examining. "Thank God you're okay," she sighed out to me.

I was so relieved to see her but I had to tell her what was going on, "you need to give Roan the flame if we want the coalition to stay. I told him about the radiation and that they need us to survive it."

I didn't know what I expected her reaction to be but I didn't think I'd get no reaction at all. Clarke ripped fabric off of her long dress and wrapped my leg with it. She was thinking, that's why she wasn't saying anything.

"You'll be okay until I can give you more stitches," she assured me. She gave me a small nod before she turned around and faced Roan. Clarke reached into her pocket and pulled out the flame.

"Take it. Honor the coalition. What's best for your people is you letting us go," Clarke stated as she held the flame out to him. Roan ended up accepting to the terms because he took the flame. He began out of the room and Clarke turned back to me. Her eyes were red and wet, I felt like a horrible friend.

"Clarke, I'm so sorry I had to make you do it," I apologized right away.

Clarke wiped her face before she spoke to me, "don't be sorry. You just saved us all."

I was relieved to know that she understood how important this was for everyone. She knew I wouldn't have done this unless there was no other choice. The doors opened wide once again, but no one came in. They wanted us to leave.

I put my arm around Clarke's shoulder as she helped me stand up. We made our way out of the room and two grounder guards stepped in front of us to lead us out. When we stepped outside, I was met with all my missing friends.

I caught eyes with Bellamy immediately, relief flushed his entire face. He quickly made his way to me and engulfed me in a massive hug. I hugged him back, I was so grateful he was okay.

"I didn't know where your were, you didn't come in with Kane and Abby," he told me when we pulled apart.

"I was asleep," I told him the truth. The truth sounded so stupid, but it amused him. He had a smile tug on his lips.

"Of course you were," Bellamy responded. He would always joke with me about how much I liked to sleep. He scanned my body with his eyes and his smile dropped off his face. "You're bleeding."

"Clarke already said it'll be okay," I told him. Our attention was drawn away from each other as swarms of people gathered around where the outside throne was. Bellamy put my arm around him so he could help me walk. I felt someone else lift my other arm around them and was happy to see it was Octavia.

"Did you make Roan have a crush on you or something? Did you tell him you had a dog?" Octavia teased but kept her voice low so only I could hear. I smiled at her questions as we walked towards the crowd.