Possible Choice • 147

"Just let me take over," Miller practically begged while I took another swing at the concrete. I would have denied like every time before, but I was really damn thirsty and Bellamy just got back with some water.

The only thing that made me feel a little bit better about taking a break was that our friends on the other side were doing the same thing as us, we could hear their hammering clearly. I traded off the mallet to Miller and went over to sit next to Bellamy, who was sipping on the water he got for us all. Once I took a seat beside him, he handed me a full canister.

"Thanks," I mumbled out of breath before drinking.

"Is your head okay?" Bellamy asked genuinely.

"It's felt worse before," I replied. Jackson said I might have a concussion from the nasty Sheidheda uppercut special. Now I was feeling that damn headache settle in, it was probably good to take a break.

"Drink all of that. I got a lot," Bellamy stated as he chugged the rest of what was in his bottle.

"If you had to choose transcending or living the rest of our lives on Earth in peace, what would you do?" I asked the question I was thinking about while breaking up concrete.

"I'd do what you would do, stay on Earth," Bellamy looked over to me with a small grin.

"You know me so well," I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Pretty sure everyone could have guessed your answer to that question," Bellamy teased.

"Maybe we'll be able to choose if it happens," I said with a little hope in my voice.

"Maybe," Bellamy stated in return. "Hopefully."

"Okay well, do you think transcendence happens from passing a test or fighting a war?" I asked another. The small amount of down time gave me the chance to quiz him on these things.

"You tell me," Bellamy chuckled. "You're the one who gets everything right."

I shrugged my shoulders innocently to neither agree or disagree, "I want to know what you think though."

Bellamy huffed out a small sigh before speaking again, "a war to prove we are worthy to transcend doesn't make sense. It has to be a test."

I would have agreed with him if it weren't for the green light suddenly shining in our faces. "Arm up! Attack on my orders," Indra announced as the bridge expanded. Bellamy and I moved into position while drawing our weapons. Hope and Jordan ran down from the ramp and Miller stopped hacking at the concrete.

I watched with wide eyes and knives ready as we waited to see who came through. When a group of seven people walked through, I was surprised. It was the Eligius prisoners, they wore the jumpsuits and had their recognizable weapons.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Indra inquired while we all lowered our weapons.

"Saving our asses. Again," Raven's voice came through as she stepped out from the prisoners.

"Not surprised," I commented, which earned me a smirk from Raven. She turned to one of the prisoners to thank her for her help.

"The doorway is right over there," Raven instructed, the prisoners had those blaster machines with them. "The rest of you beat it unless you want a lung full of pulverized bunker."

"We got people in there," Miller beefed with one of the prisoners. Jackson was on the other side of the rubble, he didn't want him to be hit. None of us wanted any of our friends to get hit.

"So you say," the woman that Raven just thanked spoke. "Hear that boys? Set fazes to stun."

"It's not Jackson. He's fine," Raven said to Miller. Bellamy and I picked up the pace to follow behind her. "He's in Sanctum treating Emori. Murphy's with them.

"Then it's Echo, Reese and Niylah," Hope said as Raven rushed our group into a room.

"Why not the others?" Raven stressed.

"Clarke and Octavia went to Bardo to get Madi after she sent herself there. Gabriel didn't make it," Bellamy summarized as we all settled in a circle within the room Raven took us to. "They're supposed to come back so we can stop Cadogan."

Raven's response was delayed by a blast firing on the floor beneath us, "then let's do that."

"How?" Miller spoke up. "Cadogan will be mobilizing his army for war and we've only got ten people."

"With Sheidheda dead, Wonkru will fight," Indra emphasized. "We go to Sanctum first."

Another blast shot off as Miller replied, "Wonkru will loose Indra."

"He's right," I added with reasoning. "Their weapons can wipe Wonku out. We just need a distraction so a few of us can get past the army and figure the rest on the inside."

"Energy weapons," Jordan blurted out. "Their weapons require energy too."

"Too bad we won't be able to see what we're firing ours at," Hope brought up.

"Maybe we will," Jordan made the same face as Monty did when they thought of a good idea. The metal door squeaked open and four people entered.

"Look who I found," the woman prisoner stated as Echo, Reese and Niylah came in. Echo and Reese pulled Hope in a group hug when they saw her. It was weird seeing how they had years worth of a bond to each other when I've only lived their five years in a few days. "More importantly, we're through the collapse."

"Good, let's go," Raven urged.

"Wait, Gaia's still hunting out there," Indra pointed out.

"I'm sorry," Raven underlined. "Clarke and Octavia are in trouble in Bardo. We can't wait for her."

"Hold on Raven. We never decided on a plan and if we go without one we're all dead," Bellamy rose his voice.

"Actually, I think Jordan was just about to tell us one," Hope swung her head over to look at him.

"This one would make my father proud," Jordan said with a smile.

"Then it must be good," Bellamy nodded to him. Jordan then began to explain what he had in mind. There were too many technology terms that I didn't know, which made it hard for me to understand the specifics. What I did get out of it though was that Jordan was going to be able to disable the disciples energized advantage. He would be able to power down their weapons and suits, then they wouldn't have firepower or invisibility on their side.

"They'll still be able to see us try to sneak by and we can't just kill them all," Bellamy said at the conclusion of Jordan's lecture.

"We do need Wonkru," I spoke up with a strategy. "Like Hope said, we need a distraction, not just cutting off their resources. When Jordan powers them down, all of Wonkru needs to spread out behind cover without firing a shot."

"They'd be too confused to notice a few people go past. Do we have any of those helmets?" Bellamy turned to look at Raven.

"In Sanctum, two of them excluding the one for me," Raven revealed.

"The second one's for me," Echo said immediately. I could sense Bellamy about to object, I knew he wanted to be the one to go. Octavia was there.

"And I kinda just follow her everywhere," Reese claimed the third suit before Bellamy could open his mouth.

I saw his face change as his jaw clenched and lightly tapped his arm. He looked down to me and I began to sign my hands, 'they know their way on the inside. We don't. They have a better chance of finding her than us.'

The room was too quiet for my liking, the awkwardness of it let me know that they were wondering what we were saying. Bellamy kept his eyes locked on me for one more moment before readjusting his stance. He looked back over to Raven, crossed his arms, but said nothing.

"Alright, let's do this," I concluded.