Trading Knowledge • 84

Three Years After Praimfaya

I was organizing all the books I had collected around the Ring in a room that I frequently went to so I could read them. There were some I recognized and some I didn't. Reading and learning kept my mind calm, it helped simmer down the anger problems I was dealing with.

For the past year, I spent a lot of time with Raven and Emori. Emori was learning from Raven how to work the rocket in case we did ever get the chance to go back down to Earth. Raven just taught me the basics of the technology on the Ring since I didn't know much about it. I did know the entire layout of the Ring though, which surprised everyone for some reason. I guess they didn't know how advanced of an architect my dad really was. He made me study blue prints of the Ark, including the Ring. It felt like those images were burned into my brain forever.

I turned to the sound of footsteps entering and smiled at the sight of Raven. "Hey, you change your mind?" I asked her.

"Yeah I figured if I taught you stuff, you could teach me shit," Raven said as she looked at some of the books I stacked up. I offered to give her basically more Earth skills knowledge, but she rejected it because she was always working away on the computers. I don't think anyone, besides Bellamy and Monty, knew how educated I really was about the ground.

I pulled out a book about the ocean. It didn't really relate to the ground per se, but it was super interesting learning about tides and currents. Plus the ocean held insanely fascinating creatures. In a way, the ocean reminded me of space because it seemed endless and dark. If you got lost in it, you would be dead.

She asked me tons of questions as we read through the book together. I should have expected her too, but I was surprised with how many she had. I was also surprised by how much I actually already knew. I taught Raven how my mom taught me, it was always a conversation filled with curiosity. After some time has passed, Raven switched the topic.

"I heard you talked to Echo," Raven said. She wanted to know details. Everyone had accepted her as part of our group now, even Bellamy. I figured it was my turn to let go of my grudge, so I had a conversation with her.

"Yeah it was interesting," I simply stated.

"What happened? Are we all friends now?" Raven gave me a small smile.

"Maybe not friends, but we're on good terms," I told her. I've been training with Echo for the past two years now, but that was about it. I was grateful we could both put away feelings for that at least. "She admitted to liking Bellamy."

"Oh my god. You were right," Raven looked a little shocked.

"I'm always right," I said dramatically with a smirk. Echo never made a move on Bellamy and I don't think Bellamy even noticed she was crushing on him after all these years. When I talked to her, she apologized for it. Echo also said that she knew there was never a chance, that's why she didn't even try. At this point, I don't think there's anything that could pull Bellamy and I apart from each other. "She also told me Roan may have been in love with me."

Raven let out a laugh at my statement, "you think Roan admitted that to anyone?"

"He definitely didn't. But Echo said she's never seen him get nervous, like ever. And apparently he always did around me," I shrugged my shoulders.

"They did call you Shadow of Death. Pretty nerve wracking nickname," Raven pointed out. "I always thought he was in love with Clarke."