Black Rain • 72

"We're here," Bellamy announced to me as we pulled onto a beach. I got out of the rover the same time as Bellamy and moved to open the door for Bear to jump out. I watched as Bear leapt out and darted towards the open water. Bellamy was standing at the edge of it, watching Bear as he played in the blue sea.

"He loves this," Bellamy said to me as I got to stand right next to him.

"Bear can find the good in everything," I replied as I watched my fluffy friend jumping around.

"We should take the rover back to Arkadia," Bellamy told me what he wanted to do.

I turned to look at him, of course his eyes were already on me. I knew he wanted to go back to see his sister, I did too. He could tell that I knew he wanted to try to make amends with her.

"She hates me, but I just keep going back. I have to," his voice was gentle.

"She's family Bellamy. I get it," I said to him. He didn't need to explain it to me, if Octavia ever despised me I would do anything to make it up to her.

"I hate myself everyday for what I put you and her through," Bellamy admitted. I took his hand in mine, there was nothing more for me to say I just wanted to comfort him. Bellamy knew I had forgiven him for the past.

"Hey! We've got a problem!" Roan's voice boomed. Bellamy and I rushed over beside Clarke who watch watching Roan pull one of the barrels out.

When he flipped it around, my stomach dropped. There was an arrow sticking out of the side of the container.

"Trikru arrow," Roan mumbled and kicked the barrel off the truck bed. When it hit the floor the lid popped off and there was no content that spilled out.

"No..." Clarke reacted in disappointment. I could feel my face grow hot from my nerves, plan A may not even be a plan anymore.

"Welcome back," Kane greeted as he approached Bellamy and I.

"Good to see you," I replied to him for the both of us. I told Bear to go inside as Bellamy asked Kane where Octavia was. Kane never got to give an answer because thunder blared through the sky. I looked up to see a yellow hue of massive storm clouds rolling in, when it started to rain I could feel the drops burning my skin.

"Black rain! Everyone inside!" Kane bellowed. The camp immediately turned into madness, people were screeching and running while they tried to get in the door.

"Kota let's go!" Bellamy yelled at me while handing people stuff to cover themselves with, including me. I limped as fast as I could to get inside, but I was so slow and other people were shoving me. I lost sight of Bellamy as bodies pushed me all over the place.

"Bellamy!" I shouted. I don't think I would make it inside in time if I didn't have help. Through the last wave of people rushing in, I was pushed onto the ground. The rain was pouring down now and I just had a layer of plastic covering over the top half of my body. My leg was killing me as I tried to stand back up, I was pretty sure I was the last one outside at this point.

As I tried to get up, I was thrown over someone's shoulder. I didn't see him but I knew it was Bellamy. My body bounced as he ran with me inside the Ark. When he set me down, I started to take my clothes off. Some of my skin burned where I wasn't covered, but I was able to relax once I examined myself because it wasn't life threatening. Bellamy came back over to me and dowsed my entire body with clean water. He was frantically making sure that every part of my body was washed from the remnants of the rain.

"Octavia?" I asked him while he continued to pour water all over my back.

"Not here," his voice broke. I turned around knowing that I was fine now, but Bellamy kept washing my bare skin. I reached out to grab his arm to get him to stop. "Stop. It could still be on you, just let me."