Accomplices

"You all right, Kugisaki?" Itadori asks, taking notice of the gloomy expression on Nobara's face.

Nobara lifted her arm to look at her injury. "Hm... Yeah. This might leave a scar. As for the poison... I don't know... I wonder if Shoko or Junpei will be up this late... And will she be sober?" She replied before looking over at Itadori. "What's with you? You're acting weird."

A small frown could be seen on Itadori's lips as if his mind was far off.

"Isn't this the first time...you killed something instead of exorcising it?" Itadori questions.

"What about you?" Nobara asks.

"I... Have... Once. No. Saying once...is kind of misleading. It was three people," Itadori answered.

"Aren't you the one...who should be having issues here?" Nobara replied.

Itadori stays quiet as he stares at the ground.

Nobara sighed. "Honestly...I don't really have a problem with it. As jujutsu sorcerers, these kinds of things happen. Not to quote Fushiguro... But there's only so many people...we can save. And if you haven't been in my shoes...then I don't want you...telling me what's right and wrong," she looked over when she saw how Itadori was being silent.

"Is that cold? Well, I guess there are people like you who do their own thing. I'm not sure what to say, but...I don't think we've been given much of a choice. If they were flesh-and-blood jujutsu sorcerers...it would've been impossible to keep them restrained for long. You know that, right?" Nobara states.

"But..." Itadori trails off. "He was crying...for his brother, who died in front of him," he explained.

"I see," Nobara murmured.

"I'm happy...that you and I survived. I'm relieved. Even so, because of the life I took...tears were shed. That's all," Itadori finished.

"Yeah. Then I guess... That makes us... Accomplices," Nobara muttered.

✧˖*°࿐

Nobara and Itadori took notice of a sleeping Megumi and a bored-as-hell (Y/n).

"Fushiguro...? (Y/n)...?" The duo asked in confusion.

"Oh, welcome back," (Y/n) greets as he gives Nobara and Itadori a small wave.

"Oh, you're back. Glad you two are okay," Megumi says as he slowly wakes up.

"You– You scared us half to death!" Nobara shouts.

"We thought you were dead!" Itadori agreed.

"Keep it down... My head hurts," Megumi mumbled as he sat up.

(Y/n) yawned quietly and got up onto his feet, brushing away any dust that might've gotten onto his uniform.

"You were lying there on (Y/n)'s lap with a Sukuna finger," Nobara says.

"How do you know about the finger?" Megumi asks.

"That's what you're worried about?" Nobara questions.

"We have to call Nitta first...and have this sealed away ASAP. It'll attract more cursed spirits," Megumi answered.

"Should I just eat it?" Itadori asks.

"This ain't leftovers!" Nobara exclaimed.

"No. We're not sure how many more fingers you can consume. But since you look the least worn down, take it. Like I said, don't eat it though," Megumi hands over the finger to Itadori.

A mouth appeared on the palm of Itadori's hand and ate the finger.

"Well shit," (Y/n) deadpanned when he realized what happened.