The Shibuya Incident, Part 50

Hours priors...

"These people... They're alive, right?" Arata asked as he looked at all the people that were around him and Todo.

Todo crouched down to where a sealed Gojo was once at.

"It seems...that Suguru Geto has already left with the prison realm," Todo says.

"No...!" Arata gasped out.

Todo snapped his fingers which caught the other male's attention. "Let's move on! This fight's goal has changed...from retrieving Satoru Gojo...to saving our allies...and whittling down the enemy forces. Let's hurry. Knowing brother, he's nearby," he states.

'He has a brother? I thought he was an only child.' Arata thought in confusion.

✧˖*°࿐

Back to the present...

Panda could be seen searching through a destroyed building for Kusakabe.

"Kusakabe! Oh! Found you," Panda says as he looked down to see Kusakabe underneath the rubble which he picked up.

"Panda, no one told us about that!" Kusakabe exclaimed.

Panda gave a confused look.

"I'm talking about Itadori," Kusakabe says.

"No, that was Sukuna," Panda corrected.

"But Itadori has control of the flesh. Isn't that what they said? I'm telling you right now...if Gojo disappears, no matter what punishment Itadori receives...I won't join Itadori's side. I believe that Yuji Itadori should get the death penalty," Kusakabe states.

✧˖*°࿐

"Sorry... You must be tired...Ui Ui. Shall I stay in bed with you all day?" Mei Mei asks.

"Oh my! How shameless!" Ui Ui replied.

"Do you not like me that way?" Mei Mei asks.

"No, that's not–" Ui Ui was then cut off by Mei Mei's phone buzzing.

Mei Mei got out of bed and put a robe on.

"Sorry. Someone's calling me back," she says.

"Aw! Sis!" Ui Ui complained.

Mei Mei stood in front of the window staring off into the distance as she answered the phone.

"Sorry to bother you at night. Oh, it's morning there? Me? Kuala Lumpur. Yes, Ui Ui's cursed technique. We almost got killed. You should sell all Japanese stock and Tokyo Real Estate. I already exchanged all my yen," Mei Mei says on the phone.

"Yes. Immediately," the person on the phone replied.

"A negative chain reaction affecting major developed nations may be unavoidable. After all, Japan is the world's third largest economy. I leave the details to you. No, don't thank me. But keep it on the side as usual. We'll do business again," Mei Mei then ended the call.

✧˖*°࿐

"What's wrong, brother? You feel unwell?" The vision of Itadori asked.

Choso was sitting in a doorway, still in the subway with tears rolling down his face as he started to get up onto his feet.

"I have to go. Yuji Itadori, what are you? I have to know. And what...am I?" He whispered.

✧˖*°࿐

"Shall I save you...Mahito?" Kenjaku asks, staring down at Mahito's pitiful figure.

Itadori started running in Mahito and Kenjaku's direction.

'Did Mahito say Geto?! He's got a Buddhist robe and a scare on his forehead! If he's here, then...' Itadori trailed off.

"Give him back! Give back...Gojo-sensei!!" Itadori yelled.

"In the mid-Edo Period, people believed there was a mysterious connection between catfish and earthquakes. They believed a giant catfish moving underground was the cause of earthquakes," Kenjaku states.

Itadori's eyes widened as a giant black hole appeared beneath his feet which he fell into, with the hole closing up.

However, Itadori landed on the ground hard right in front of Kenjaku.

"Huh?!" Itadori exclaimed in confusion.

'What just happened?!' The teenager wondered as he quickly got up onto his feet.

Kenjaku approached the boy. "Did you think you had fallen? Seen from the side, you just suddenly flipped over. The strength of cursed spirit manipulation lies in the great number of moves at my disposal. I wield multiple cursed spirits of semi-grade 1 and higher...and may simply release more when opponents solve the cursed techniques and overcome them. Of course, I don't have to let that happen...and may simply pile on the attack," he states as his shadow extends toward Itadori.

Itadori threw his arms up at the unexpected attack that started to wrap around him. "ARRRGH!!" He grunted out just to fall back into the hole that swallowed him up once before.

"Last year, during the night parade of a hundred demons...if the forces hadn't been divided between Shinjuku and Kyoto...he would have won instead of Okkotsu. I guess you had nothing to do with it," Kenjaku says as Itadori reappeared in front of him, all injured and bloody with his uniform torn.

"Give him back!" Itadori yelled.

"Even I'm impressed. Sukuna's vessel is tough," Kenjaku replied.

Mahito reached out just for Kenjaku to move out of the way.

The two then made direct eye contact.

"I knew that. After all...I was born...of humans."

Loud groans and cries escaped from Mahito as he was turned into an orb which Kenjaku held in his hand.

"Shall we continue? Let us discuss...the world to come."