The Origin of Obedience, Part 2

A loud yawn could be heard escaping from Itadori's lips as he, Megumi, Nobara, and (Y/n) sat off on the side of the bridge, watching as cars flew by.

"Um... Where exactly is this cursed spirit supposed to be?" Nobara asks, breaking the silence between her and the others.

✧˖*°࿐

"We couldn't even feel any traces of a curse," Megumi says.

"For real? Does that mean this is a lost cause and we have to start over?" Akari asks.

(Y/n) bit quietly into the onigiri he had in his hand, as he stood beside the talking quadruple in front of him.

"We can't waste too much time," Itadori spoke up.

"Why?" Nobara asks.

"This is a famous paranormal spot, right? There may be a lot of others out there who are cursed. And we're looking at a 100 percent death rate. We can't afford to let more people die," Itadori explains.

"Here," Megumi's muttered voice captured (Y/n)'s attention who saw the daifuku in his hand.

"Mmph," (Y/n) took a bite out of the sweet from over Megumi's shoulder.

Akari sweatdrops when she sees this, but recognizes that this must be normal when she sees how Nobara and Itadori don't seem bothered.

Well, she saw jealousy in Itadori's eyes and amusement in Nobara's, but that was all.

"True," Nobara agrees.

"They were into bungee jumping, right? Maybe it has something to do with the act of jumping down?" Akari wonders.

"We already tried that with Itadori."

"What?! You mean with that plastic cord?!"

"Hey! There you are!" A male's voice hollered, grabbing the group's attention. "Fushiguro-san!"

"Who's that again?" Nobara asks.

"Fushiguro is his senpai. Don't ya remember picking on him?" Itadori replied.

"Glad I found ya! Weren't you talking about Yasohachi Bridge?!" The male asks.

"Fujinuma? Classmate," Megumi explains.

"This is my older sister," Fujinuma explains which causes the raven-haired female to bow in greetings.

"I'm glad you still remember me," she says.

"I was telling my sis about how I saw you yesterday," Fujinuma states.

(Y/n) quietly yawned. If he had his ears out, they would for sure twitch with boredom right about now.

"Um... I saw that the Morishita family had a funeral ceremony. My brother was telling me about how you guys are investigating Morishita and the bridge. I thought maybe it was more than a coincidence," the girl says.

Akari was behind the siblings, a finger placed up against her lips.

"What do you mean?" Megumi asks.

"I mean, that there's a connection with Morishita's death and the bridge," she answers.

"It's irrelevant, it's just–" Megumi was cut off.

"I... During my second year of Junior High...I went to Yasohachi Bridge at night!" She states.

"Anything weird going on at home these days? Maybe something only you find odd?"

"Our home is also the local neighborhood store. For whatever reason–and this only happens to me when I come home–the automatic door is wide open. My mom and dad say it's nothing, but... There's definitely...something there! I've been so scared. But then I heard about Fushiguro...and I remembered about the bridge."