It's Like That

"My brother, Itadori, will no doubt accept the recommendation. As long as Sukuna is not cooperating, he'll need to be assigned more dangerous missions in order to increase the likelihood of encountering fingers. You know what that means...Miss Mei?" Todo questions as he hits a small ping pong in Mei Mei's direction with the paddle he has in his hand.

"What it means? Sure. It means everything...Mister Todo," Mei Mei replied as she hit the ping pong ball back.

Todo hits the small white object which lands on the ground and rolls behind the female's standing figure.

"A bright future... In other words, Aoi Todo and Yuji Itadori...will share a bright future when we work together on missions!" Todo declared.

"Uh..." Mei Mei trailed off.

"Say no more. You're gonna say that the accompanying Grade 1 sorcerer doesn't necessarily have to be me, right? But I guarantee this... Just as the apple falls to the earth...we gravitate toward each other. It is destiny!" Todo declared.

Mei Mei picks up the ball and bounces it on the paddle she has in her hand.

"Like I was gonna say... The one who accompanies the nominee can't be...the person who put in a recommendation," Mei Mei says.

A look mixed with horror and disbelief was seen on Todo's face.

"We were the ones who recommended Itadori...so it'll be someone other than us who'll accompany him. That's it for me. See ya later...Mister Todo."

✧˖*°࿐

After the mission, Megumi was taken straight home by Ijichi.

Itadori said something about a movie he wanted to watch.

Nobara wanted to try a new product from Givenchy, so she dragged (Y/n) along with her into town since she knew Gojo would probably kidnap him the second he found out the tall male had nothing to do.

"Um... Excuse me. Was that Itadori with you earlier?" A female nervously asks.

Nobara and (Y/n) looked over at the female that had walked up to them– well, more like just Nobara– and quietly sipped at the drinks they had bought themselves.

"...Huh?" Nobara questioned in surprise.

✧˖*°࿐

The girl slid an old picture of herself to show to Nobara.

"This is me at my Junior High graduation," she explained.

Nobara looked in disbelief as she had to take multiple looks between the girl and the photo that had been shown.

"What?! For real?! Isn't this just half a year ago? What in the world happened?!" Nobara asked.

(Y/n) sweatdropped at the surprise but said nothing.

"Well, I just happened to grow 15 centimeters. And with moving to Tokyo and the stress of a new environment, I just..." The girl, Yuko Ozawa, answered.

"Wow!" Nobara gasped before realizing something in the photo. "It's Itadori!" She exclaimed.

"Hm?" (Y/n) looked over at the photo, and saw that Nobara was telling the truth.

"On graduation day, I mustered up the courage to ask him for a photo. I actually wanted to ask him for his number and stuff too...but I was going to move to Tokyo anyway. When I saw him earlier...I thought maybe the me of today could..." Yuko nervously trailed off.

"Gah?! Yuko... Does that mean...? That... It's like that?" Nobara asks in realization.

"Yes! It's like that!" Yuko confirmed.