The Shibuya Incident, Part 34

Sukuna brings his hands together before pulling them away from each other which causes the flames to stretch as he pulls it into an arrow.

Jogo swirled the ball of fire in between his hands before levitating one hand above the other while the ball of flames swirled in a flower-like sphere position.

In the blink of an eye, Jogo's surroundings turned white with Hanami and Dagon standing before him.

"Sorry. Hanami. Dagon," Jogo apologized.

"Mahito...is still alive," Hanami says.

"Bwoo..." Dagon whisked out.

"Death is something humans fear and detest. However, humans linger beyond it as well. Death is a mirror for humans. Mahito is that mirror. Mahito will continue to grow stronger. That's why you...propped him up as the leader."

Jogo stood quietly as he listened to the words being spoken to him before he decided to talk.

"When we're reborn, we'll no longer be the same as before. Even so, I'll be anticipating the day we meet again. We're the...true humans," he replied.

"So you wanted to..." Sukuna's voice trailed off which made Jogo widen his eye. "...become human?" He asked.

Jogo stayed quiet as he turned to face the male behind him.

"Yeah, yeah... I know what you mean. Not becoming human literally. More like taking their place, right? That said...it makes it all the more foolish," Sukuna begins before he continues talking. "Humans flocking together. Curses flocking together. Comparing themselves to those around them...leads to weakness and stunts their growth. You shouldn't have burnt everything you desired to a cinder without thinking. To reach the heights of Satoru Gojo and not worry about the future or identity. But you lack the hunger to take hold of your desires," he finished.

Jogo shifted his eye away. "You're...probably right," he agreed.

"But you know...this was actually fun while it lasted," Sukuna says which caused Jogo's eye to widen and look in his direction. "Humans. Jujutsu sorcerers. Cursed spirits. You're not bad compared to those I fought over the last thousand years. Stand proud. You're strong."

Tears fell Jogo's face which confused him. "What... Is this?"

"Don't ask me," Sukuna replied.

Sukuna stared at Jogo's burning body as the cursed spirit was killed by his hands.

"I don't know what that is either," Sukuna finished as Jogo's figure disappeared.

The sound of flames crackled around Sukuna's figure until he heard someone land behind him.

Before he could even say anything, his eyes widened as he felt the familiar strength and cursed energy that rivaled his own or more... Someone he didn't dare to ever fight one-on-one with.

"My precious fox!" Sukuna exclaimed as he saw (Y/n) land in front of him, the (H/c)-haired male's facial features being covered by his mask.

"I don't know who the hell you're calling "my" and "precious", but it's been a while... Hasn't it, Sukuna?" (Y/n) asks as he stands before the King of Curses.

"You don't have to be hiding your face from me... I've seen it one too many times during your stay with those damned brats," Sukuna replied.

(Y/n) rolled his eyes which went unseen by the male before him.

"Going under the title of a cursed spirit, huh? When in reality, we both know you're more than just that," Sukuna asks with a scoff.

"Even if I was created differently and not brought into the world by humans themselves... Neither has a binding vow been placed upon me to create the nine-tails either," (Y/n) states.

Sukuna chuckled before deciding to change the topic. "It seems like you're fighting on the side of sorcerers despite the fact you said you would never join them. What made you change your mind?" He questions.

(Y/n) stared blankly at Sukuna from behind his mask before deciding to reply.

"Nothing," (Y/n) bluntly answers. "Nothing has changed my mind. I just got bored," he added.

Sukuna scoffed. "I don't believe that."

After a few extra silent moments, Sukuna spoke once more.

"Just which side do you belong to?" Sukuna asks.

"To be truthful, Sukuna. I don't even know which side I belong to anymore," (Y/n) answers.

Before either of them could continue their conversation, the sound of someone appearing behind them caught their attention.

"Master Sukuna. Master (Y/n). I've come to escort you," the person says as they bowed lowly.

(Y/n) looked over his shoulder in the person's direction which Sukuna followed not even a second later.

"Who are you?" Sukuna asks.

Sukuna and (Y/n) looked closer at the person who had dared to approach them.

"Uraume?!" Sukuna exclaimed in disbelief.

"It's nice to see you after all these years, Uraume," (Y/n) says.

A smile appeared on Uraume's lips as they looked up at the two males before them.

"It's nice to see you two again."

✧˖*°࿐

"Dammit! This...! Stop messing around!! You stupid jujutsu sorcerer! Wake up!!" Haruta yelled at the fainted Megumi who was slumped against a wall behind him with blood falling down his face.