The Shibuya Incident, Part 1

"It's a curtain that traps only civilians. Civilians can only enter. As for windows, that depends on the person. Jujutsu sorcerers and assistant managers can come and go as they please," Ijichi explains.

"Any reception?"

"Blocked. All communication will have to be done outside the curtain...or through us managers."

Nanami took in the information as Ino poked fun at Megumi.

"Sounds like quite the pain," Nanami states.

"Fushiguro! Fushiguro!" Ino exclaimed in a teasing tone.

Megumi ignored the male who tried to grab his attention.

"Curtains... The conditions that can be used to increase or decrease the barrier's effectiveness...are usually only things related to cursed energy. So, basically humans, cursed spirits, and cursed objects. Therefore, reception being blocked is a secondary effect of the curtain. But the curtain can't actually block or allow reception," Ino explained proudly.

"Um, yes. I know," Megumi replied as he stared at Ino with a dumbfounded look.

"Ino. He's an excellent student. Stop trying to show off just because you're older," Nanami scolded.

"What do you mean by that, Nanami?!" Ino exclaimed.

"And... Where is Gojo?" Nanami asks.

✧˖*°࿐

"No one's here?! At a busy intersection in front of the station?! On Halloween night?!"

"Looks like something bad went down. Everyone is spread out near the curtain's perimeter, and they're all begging for the same thing... "Bring Satoru Gojo.""

Nobara and Maki stared in surprise.

"Hmph! There's no way a non-sorcerer would know him. They were told to say it. We can't break the curtain?" A man by the name of Naobito Zen'in asked.

"It's tough. After all, the curtain isn't restricting sorcerers from either side. It's not something we can destroy with brute force. It'll be quicker to locate and take out the curse user who summoned the curtain."

"So we're here to help with that?" Maki asked.

"Nope! You're all on standby here!" Akari answered.

This answer seemed to surprise the group.

✧˖*°࿐

"An advanced barrier technique...while calling for Satoru Gojo... They have to be the same culprits as the Goodwill Event incident."

"The higher-ups are instructing Gojo to work alone...in order to suppress what's happening in Shibuya and to minimize the damages," Atsuya Kusakabe explains. "Us, Nanami, the Zen'in geezer...and Mei Mei. We're all just supposed to hang out around the perimeter of the curtain and take care of whatever gets past Gojo. Besides, we can't communicate inside the curtain."

"Minimize damage. You mean sorcerers, right? What about civilians?" Panda asked.

"Calm down. Unlike last year's Christmas event, we're already too late. To be honest, I think it's for the best. Also, I actually went and peeked inside the curtain earlier. It was kinda peaceful. Sure, people were in a panic, but I didn't see any curses or curse users running around killing people. Right now, they're just trapped inside. That said... I'm definitely not going back in there," Kusakabe answered.

"Why?" Panda questioned.

"I think it was the Shibuya Hikarie building. I'm pretty sure there were...a bunch of special-grade curses in the basement," Kusakabe replied.