To You Someday

"I'm going, Nanamin," Itadori says.

"Don't. I told you and (Y/n) this morning why you can't. If there's a curtain, chances are...it's at Satozakura High and still up. We won't take long. Just wait for us there," Nanami replied before ending the call.

The blonde-haired man started to walk away. "Inosuke, there's a situation that needs my attention. I'll leave the rest...to you," Nanami says.

"What?!" A male dressed in black exclaimed.

"Is something wrong?" Nanami questions.

"Well, there's just a lot of them... Plus they're human..." The male, Takuya Ino, explains.

"What if I approve your Grade 1 recommendation?" Nanami asks.

"YEAAHH!! LET'S DO THIS!" Ino shouts, throwing his hands up into the air.

✧˖*°࿐

"Please move, Mr. Ijichi," Itadori pleads when he sees that Ijichi steps in his and (Y/n)'s way.

"... Our job is to help people. That still includes...students like you two. Don't go... Itadori and (L/n)," Ijichi replied.

(Y/n) grasps onto Itadori's hand, subconsciously entwined his hand with the pink-haired male as they walk by Ijichi.

"Sorry...Mr. Ijichi."

✧˖*°࿐

Itadori pulls a fist back covered in cursed energy, sending it in Junpei's direction.

"Moon dregs!" Junpei shouts.

A jellyfish shikigami takes form, taking the attack that Itadori had planned on hitting Junpei with.

'A jellyfish shikigami! It's getting in between us and not letting me attack!' Itadori thought.

"Don't make me say it again... Get outta here, jujutsu sorcerer! This has nothing to do with you!" Junpei says.

"That's not...for you to decide!" Itadori replied.

Junpei gritted his teeth together. "What's the point of...thoughtlessly saving people? That's not what life is about!!" He hollered.

Itadori's eyes widened as the shikigami sent an attack toward him.

"All you righteous people full of compassion... It's just a bunch of lies! You can't make me follow those stupid rules," Junpei starts to turn around. "If someone deserves to die, no one has the right to stop it. So go take a nap now. I still need to take care of something."

Junpei halts in his walk when he remembers something.

"Junpei, your cursed technique...is poison. Poison created by cursed energy...will be emitted from your shikigami's tendrils. And in due time you'll learn to control the shikigami's size and strength and the amount of poison. I can teach you skills that take years for jujutsu sorcerers to learn. You'll be able to fight right away. Junpei. You're really talented."

Junpei slowly looks over his shoulder when he feels something that grasps the back of his uniform.

"Who're you making excuses to?!"

Itadori sends Junpei flying out of the building.

'Why?! My moon dreg's poison isn't working! Why are you getting in the way?!' Junpei lands on his shikigami which causes his body to skid across the ground. 'Why?! Why?!'

Junpei stands up on his feet, overlapping his hands over one another as his shikigami appears behind him.

He then looks up and notices Itadori jumping out of the window.

'While in mid-air, he won't be able to dodge! No! I'll take him out...right before he lands.'

Itadori covers his hands in cursed energy and slams them right on the tendrils that are underneath his feet.

"I have no idea what...you're talking about, Junpei. Everything you just said... It might sound good...but you're just trying to convince yourself," Itadori says as he gets up close to Junpei, sending a punch that sends Junpei crashing through the window and back into the building.

"I don't know why you're doing this, Junpei... You must have some reason. But is it really worth...throwing your life away?!" Itadori exclaimed.

"Having heart is a sham..."

"Can you really say something like that to your mom?!" The pink-haired male continued to shout.

"People don't have heart," Junpei muttered.

"You're still–" Itadori was about to say but was cut off.

"They don't!! Or else... Or else... Are you saying that my mother and I...are both cursed people by heart?" Junpei cried out, tears slipping down his cheeks as he stared at Itadori with watery eyes.

Itadori's eyes shrunk a bit at Junpei's question.

"That's...not fair... I don't even know what's right...or wrong anymore..." Junpei points three fingers in Itadori's direction.

The shikigami sends a tendril at Itadori and stabs him.

"Why...? Why didn't you dodge...?" Junpei whispered.

Itadori stumbles in Junpei's direction and crouches to his height.

"Sorry. I said all that without knowing what you're going through. But you can...talk to me. I promise...I won't judge you, Junpei! So, please..."

✧˖*°࿐

Itadori felt his heart breaking when he learned that Junpei's mother was cursed.

"No way... Your mom... Junpei. Come to Jujutsu High. There are teachers there who are crazy strong. And friends you can trust. If we all work together...we can find out who cursed your mom. We'll punish 'em. Let's fight together!" Itadori exclaimed.

Mahito watched the conversation with his arms spread out as he stood on the staircase.