The Shibuya Incident, Part 42

"Kugisaki...?!" Itadori mumbled under his breath when he saw what had happened.

Seeing that Mahito was frozen, Itadori took this chance and punched Mahito into a nearby pillar.

'The cursed technique's effect...is still lingering! I can't move so we'll!' Mahito thought as more blood escaped his mouth.

'Kugisaki...! Thank you!' Itadori mentally thanked the female as he sent multiple jabs into Mahito's abdomen and stomach which made the curse's blood go flying. 'I couldn't save anyone. I wasted everyone's efforts. But... Thank you for showing me that I'm not alone.' He thought as a smile slipped onto his lips.

Itadori continued punching Mahito into the pillar, not giving the cursed spirit any time to escape.

'That's why...I'm gonna kill you, here and now!' Itadori declared as he brought his punches up to Mahito's face to cause more damage to the male cursed.

✧˖*°࿐

The body double of Mahito dropped the nail as he staggered a little.

"Correct..." He confirmed.

'Now that resonance is working, the attacks should slow down a bit.' Nobara thought as she stared at the clone with narrowed eyes.

"This is where the battle really begins," Nobara states.

The body double's body twitched as if some sort of electricity pierced through him.

"Actually... I'm gonna run away!" The clone joyfully yelled as he turned and ran away in the opposite direction.

"What?! Get back here!" Nobara shouted as she chased after the body double.

'I could just ignore him and head straight to B5F, but I have a feeling letting him run loose would come back to bite us later.' Nobara mused.

Mahito ran in the direction of the subway and leaped over the wall to get down the stairs quickly.

'The subway...! Perfect! I'll exorcise him on my way to B5F!' Nobara thought.

✧˖*°࿐

As Itadori sent another punch, Mahito split up into multiple little balls of flesh that had faces on them that grew legs.

'He split up! Which...one...contains the part of the soul I need to finish off?!' Itadori wondered, alarmed as he watched all of them run off in different directions.

However, one covered in cursed energy captured Itadori's attention.

Immediately, Itadori smashed the ball of flesh just to take notice of the sound of running footsteps not too far from him.

"Gotcha!" Mahito exclaimed as he ran in the direction of where the staircase would be at.

'Dammit! He tricked me with cursed energy!' Itadori tched in annoyance.

Suddenly, Itadori saw Mahito's body double which surprised him.

'Two Mahitos?!' Itadori thought in disbelief as he started to chase after the main Mahito. 'Was that double somewhere else before?! Is he trying to fuse back together to heal?!' He wondered.

As the two Mahitos got close to each other, they both clapped their hands against each other as they switched the targets they were fighting.

The clone was heading in Itadori's direction, and the real Mahito was heading toward the staircase.

'They went past each other?! Why...' Itadori's eyes widened when he saw who was at the end of the hallway.

"Itadori...!" Nobara exclaimed, surprised to see her pink-haired classmate.

"KUGISAKI!! RUN!!" Itadori hollered.

Nobara's eyes widened as she watched Mahito's hand get close to her face.

She had let her guard down against Mahito's hands.

The sound of Nobara getting slapped in the face could be heard.

"Ha ha! A direct hit!!" The body double of Mahito laughed.

Itadori appeared before the cloned Mahito's laughing figure and punched the cursed spirit straight in the face sending him into the wall.

Blood covered Itadori's fist, but he seemed unbothered by that fact.

"You're in my way!" Itadori exclaimed.

This caused the body double to slam into the wall behind him and get decommissioned.

"Kugisaki!!" Itadori yelled as he ran over to Nobara.

'Now then... I couldn't kill the 7:3 hairstyle sorcerer...with one touch, but...how about you?' Mahito wondered as he waited to see what would happen to Nobara.

Nobara had her hand up to where Mahito had slapped her.

Memories came rushing through her mind back when she was a child.

A young Nobara during the year of 2009 could be seen going crazy in front of a television.

"GRAAAHHH!! DIE!! HWAH!! HWAH!!" Nobara yelled as she messed with the buttons of the controller that she was holding.

A girl sat beside her, sweatdropping at the girl's excitement.

"Maybe next time, Nobara. You hafta make sure to go for the kill when the opponent is recovering," a man said as he watched the young girl in amusement.

"Ah! A smash ball!!" Nobara exclaimed.

"You can do it!" The girl beside her cheered softly.

Back then...

Nobara had thought that everyone in the village that she lived in when she was younger was weird...and that she was the only sane person there.