Premature Death, Part 2

"What kind of girls...are you into?" The blonde-haired girl asks. "Hm?" She hummed out, waiting for Geto's answer.

"Who are you?" Geto asks.

"I like girls with healthy appetites!" Haibara happily answered, surprising Geto.

"Haibara..." Geto trails off, sweatdropping.

"It's fine. She's not a bad person. I'm a pretty good judge of character," Haibara sent Geto a wide close-eyed smile.

"... Present company included?" Geto questioned.

Haibara stared in confusion. "Of course!!" He answered.

The girl laughed. "Ha ha ha! He was being sarcastic, kid."

Haibara quickly made his departure after giving a quick goodbye.

"Is he your junior? Such an honest and cute kid," the girl compliments.

"As a jujutsu sorcerer, he shouldn't be so trusting," Geto replied.

"And you, Geto? Aren't you going to answer my question?" She asks.

"How about you answer first? Who are you?" Geto repeated.

"Special Grade sorcerer Yuki Tsukumo. Ring a bell?" Yuki asks as she glances over at Geto.

Geto's eyes widened in realization. "You're the...?!"

"Nice! The what?" Yuki asks, waiting to hear what Geto has to say about her.

"The no-good Special Grade who doesn't take on any missions...and just bums around overseas?" Geto finished.

"I hate Jujutsu High!" Yuki huffs out as she starts to sulk.

'She's sulking.' Geto thought.

"Just kidding. But I'm not lying when I say we don't see eye to eye. What they do here is treat symptoms. What I want is to get at the root cause," Yuki states.

"The root cause?" Geto repeated.

"I don't want to exorcise curses after they appear. I want a world where curses don't even exist," Yuki answered.

Geto stared at her in surprise.

"How about...a little lesson? Tell me, what are curses anyway?" She quizzes.

"Curses are created when cursed energy leaks from humans. It then gathers like sediment and takes form," Geto answers.

"Excellent. If that's the case, there are two ways to create a world where curses no longer exist... One, eradicate cursed energy from all of humanity. Two, teach humans how to control their cursed energy. The first one's not a bad idea. There was a model case for it after all," Yuki states.

"A model case?" Geto questions.

"Someone you're familiar with. Toji Zen'in. There have been several cases where heavenly restriction has reduced a person's cursed energy to normal levels. But to eradicate one's cursed energy completely... I've searched all over the world, and he's the only one who's ever done it. But that's not the only thing that's interesting about him. Despite not having cursed energy, Toji Zen'in was able to sense curses using his five senses. By eliminating all cursed energy, his body became sharpened to the point where he developed a resistance to curses. He was truly superhuman. Don't feel bad about losing to him," Yuki explains.

Geto stayed silent as he listened to Yuki's words.

"I wanted to research him, but he blew me off. It's too bad he died. Cases of heavenly restriction are few and far between...so my focus is on two. Did you know..." Yuki moved closer to Geto. "...jujutsu sorcerers don't give birth to curses?"