The Shibuya Incident, Part 49

'Going in recklessly means my demise. However...I've already set in motion...a counter measure!' Itadori thought as he sent a punch at Mahito's sweet spot just for it not to work.

Itadori's eyes widened when he saw what Mahito did.

'I'll metamorphose and avoid the attack aimed at my sweet spot. I'll then use cursed energy to reinforce the area I've deactivated with instant spirit body of distorted killing. Itadori focused his cursed energy into his fists, so I'll counter with a strike at his neck and end it!' Mahito thought as he repositions his punch so that it would lead toward Itadori's neck. 'I...win!'

However, his fist didn't touch Itadori thanks to a delay the teenager decided to do.

'A delayed...second impact...?!' Mahito thought in surprise as Itadori ducked.

Itadori shifted his eyes toward the ground for a few moments before making eye contact with Mahito which caused the curse's eyes to widen even further.

"Listen closely, cursed spirit. There is no way you do not know this... An arm is merely a decoration. The act of applause...is an acclamation...of the soul!" Todo exclaimed as he decided to make a reappearance after taking a short break.

The male clapped which caught Mahito's attention as Itadori suddenly disappeared from his vision.

However, seeing that he was still standing where he stood, Mahito became confused.

'We didn't swit–' Mahito thought, just to be cut off.

"Sorry... My boogie woogie cursed technique...is already dead," Todo states.

Not even a second later, Itadori punches Mahito with a black flash which makes the cursed spirit cough out blood.

Thanks to the power and force of the attack, Mahito was sent flying and landing harshly on the ground above once more.

Skidding to a stop, heavy pants escaped Mahito's lips as he changed back to his original form.

Itadori appeared before Mahito and started to approach him slowly.

"Not... Yet..." Mahito panted out, throwing up on the ground just to realize that he had run out of transfigured humans at a bad moment.

'I'm also out of transfigured humans...' Mahito thought as he started to panic a little.

"You're right...Mahito. I'm you," Itadori coldly says as he comes to stop in front of the cursed spirit.

Mahito looked up at Itadori with pure fear on his face.

"I wanted to reject you. Convince myself that you were wrong. But that doesn't matter now. I'm gonna kill you. Even if you come back as another curse... I'll kill you. Change your name. Change your form. I'll kill you. I don't need to find meaning or a reason," Itadori says coldly.

Mahito felt paralyzed with fear, as if he was being stared down by a predator.

Like he was a rabbit, and Itadori was a wolf.

"Maybe a hundred years after my death, the meaning behind my actions will become apparent. In the grand scheme of things... I'm probably nothing more than a cog. But I'll keep killing curses...for as long as I can. That's my role in all this," Itadori finished.

Mahito quickly turned and ran away, shifting his feet to look like a rabbit, stumbling along the way.

Itadori followed Mahito closely, his eyes staying on the scared cursed spirit that was trying to run away.

Suddenly, a man with long raven hair was seen standing right in front of Mahito.

Itadori paused in his approach as he watched the man walk up to Mahito.

"Geto!" Mahito gasped out.

Kenjaku smirked. "Shall I save you...Mahito?" He asked.