The Shibuya Incident, Part 48

'It's different from any transfiguration he's used before. What's going on?' Itadori wondered as he stared down Mahito's new form.

"How about wishing me a happy birthday... Itadori?! Now that I learned black flash, I finally understand...my true, unbridled soul!" Mahito exclaimed.

"That's a surprise. Didn't figure you were the type for a journey of self-discovery," Itadori replied as he started to approach the newly changed curse.

Mahito chuckled. "Keh keh... True. But I'm just getting started. Once I kill you, then...I will truly be born!!" He shouted.

Itadori said nothing in return as he watched Mahito swing one of the long blades attached to his elbow in his direction.

This sent up debris, rocks, and dust into the air.

Itadori quickly barrel rolled out of the way but quickly stood back up on his feet to send a kick to the back of Mahito's head, which was cut.

Mahito swiped his tail in Itadori's direction, forcing him to bring his leg back to the ground.

The cursed spirit thrusted a punch in Itadori's direction just for him to block.

The pink-haired sorcerer retaliated by punching Mahito in the side just to realize how hard Mahito's skin was.

'So tough! His body's even harder than that time!' Itadori thought.

Mahito brought his arm up and pushed Itadori's arm before swiping his left elbow at the teenager.

A grunt escaped Itadori's lips as his uniform got sliced open, his skin receiving a long cut from the attack.

Mahito grinned in amusement as he looked at Itadori.

"I finally understand my true, unbridled soul!"

Mahito's words echoed through Itadori's mind which made him realize something.

'Could it be?! He's already...' Itadori was forced out of his thoughts as Mahito went right at him with non-stop attacks that just kept piling up.

"My attacks don't reach him!" Itadori exclaimed as one of Mahito's attacks gets him on the left side of his mouth.

'As a cursed spirit...he's becoming something completely different...than before his transformation!' Itadori thought.

Mahito reached a hand out and grabbed Itadori by the face just to slam him straight into the ground which caused it to crush underneath the strength of the force.

The two went falling downward seeing as the attack from Mahito had created a giant hole.

'In order to...beat him, I need to use...black flash. I need to hit him with...black flash...imbued with my maximum cursed energy!' Itadori thought.

"There is not a single jujutsu sorcerer...who can use it at will."

Itadori's eyes widened as he looked down just to see that his legs were shaking.

The long blades on Mahito's elbows broke off as he started to approach Itadori to keep the fighting going.

Blood dripped down Mahito's chin which amused him as he and Itadori shifted their stances into a fighting stance they were both comfortable with using.

"Keh keh!" Mahito chuckled.

'Even if it was for a moment, getting hit by black flash immediately after casting domain expansion did some serious damage...' The cursed spirit thought as he wiped his blood off with his thumb just to lick it off.

Itadori started hitting the leg that was shaking real bad before bringing his eyes up to Mahito's figure that stood across from him with a cold stare.

"Looks fine...you and I still got a lot left in the tank," Mahito states.

The next thing that the two knew, water was sent flying into the air as a divergence.

Itadori immediately covered himself in cursed energy as Mahito appeared right behind him.

A grin appeared on Mahito's lips once more and he swung a punch in Itadori's direction just for it to get blocked.

Itadori and Mahito both had their fists behind them as they got ready to punch each other.