Boring

"Why should I share something like that...with someone I just met?" Megumi asks.

"It's kinda hard for a closet pervert like him to answer that. Plus, he's already crushing on someone," Nobara says, pointing at the male beside her.

"Shut up. The situation's bad enough without you complicating it," Megumi grumbled.

"Kyoto, third year, Aoi Todo. Introduction over. Now that we're friends...hurry up and answer, it can even be a guy. A person's taste reveals everything about them. Guys who have boring tastes are boring. I don't like boring guys. The Goodwill Event gives me a rush. If my final one ends up being boring, who knows what I might do... this is me being nice. Answer me now, and you'll escape with just a few bumps and bruises. So tell me, Fushiguro... what type of girls or boys do you like?" Todo asks.

Megumi stayed quiet as (Y/n) came to mind.

"I don't...have a preference. As long as a person is compassionate...then I don't need anything else," Megumi answers.

Mai smiles in amusement as she taps her cheek with a finger.

"Not a bad answer!" Nobara complimented.

"Shut it," Megumi grumbled.

"I knew it. You're boring...Fushiguro," Todo sighed.

Megumi immediately brought his arms up into a block as Todo swung at him.

Nobara's eyes widened as she watched Megumi go flying backward. "Fushiguro!" She shouts just for arms to wrap around her shoulders to stop her from helping.

"Aw... poor Fushiguro! Even though he's a genius who began school as a Grade 2 sorcerer...up against a Grade 1 like Todo-senpai, he's nothing but a first-year. I guess I'll check to see if he's okay later," Mai says in a teasing tone.

"At first, I thought you two looked alike, but...forget that. Maki is a...hundred times prettier. You gettin' enough sleep? I can see the pores on your face," Nobara asks.

Mai glared. "Watch your mouth... or I'll teach you a lesson," she threatens, placing the muzzle of her gun against Nobara's abdomen.

Todo threateningly walks up to Megumi's figure. "I knew it as soon as I saw you... this guy is definitely boring. But it's not good to judge a book by its cover, right? That's why I asked you anyway. But you trampled all over my kindness. Is the inside of your head also a pineapple ?" He asks.

Megumi seems to recognize who the male in front of him is. "I hear you refuse to use your cursed technique," he points out.

"Oh, that's just a rumor I used it against the special grade," Todo replied casually.

"Well, isn't that a relief!" Megumi exclaimed as he brought his hands up into a hand sign to summon Nue, just to quickly add the toad hand sign into the mixture.

Multiple frogs appear from the shadows with little wings on their back.

Todo stares quietly with an indifferent look on his face.

Within less than a second, Todo disappears just to reappear right behind Megumi's figure.

Megumi's eyes widened as he looked over his shoulder to see Todo behind him.

Todo wraps his arms around Megumi's abdomen and lifts him into the air.

"So weak. Both your body and taste in men," Todo states.

'How did he–?!' Megumi thought just to be slammed backward, Todo using the suplex move on him.

"Grk!!" Megumi coughed out but flipped out of the way just to meet a hand coming toward his face as Todo moved in closer.

A loud crack was heard as Megumi was slammed straight into a building made from concrete.

"Not done yet," Todo grins.

Megumi's eyes held fear in them as his blood slipped down his face.

Todo sends Megumi straight through the building, and onto the platform above.

"Like I said... boring."

Todo's eyes widen as he feels multiple tongues grip his figure at every angle.

Megumi's body hit the platform while Todo landed on his feet.

"Are you even trying?" Todo rudely asks.

Megumi slowly pushed himself upwards. "Don't get ahead of yourself. If that's what you're thinking, then... I'll show you!" He exclaimed.

Todo's body froze when a voice popped up.

"Don't move."

"What are you doing?!!" Panda hollers as he punches Todo straight in the face.

Todo slid backward but was able to keep standing.

"Phew! Made it just in time," Panda sighed out in relief.

"Fish flakes!" Inumaki scolds.

"Or...not," Panda sweatdrops.

"Long time no see, Panda," Todo greets with a smirk on his lips.

"Why couldn't you wait until the event? Now get out... or I'm gonna scream. Like "EEEK!"," Panda says in a scolding tone.

Todo stands up and scratches the back of his neck. "You don't have to tell me twice. Where's my shirt?" He muttered before looking back at the trio. "It seems that...this might not be as boring as I thought."

Megumi stares quietly at Todo with one eye closed.

"Be sure to tell Okkotsu...to show up," Todo says before heading off.

"Me Panda. No know human speech."

Panda then turned to look at Megumi and smiled nervously. "(Y/n)'s not gonna be happy... I can tell that he's already overprotective over you first years and us second years. So, he probably isn't gonna be one happy camper to find out that you guys are injured."

"Salmon," Inumaki agreed.

✧˖*°࿐

Mai stands over Nobara's beaten body with a blank look as she points her gun at the fallen female.

"If you're gonna continue being a sorcerer...the. you better watch who you pick fights with!" Mai exclaimed.

"Mai, what do you think you're doing to...my errands girl?" Maki asks as she makes her appearance.

Mai looks over.

"Oh. You're so worthless I didn't notice you... Maki."