C h a p t e r [4]

I can't think straight, I thought I'd be managing the group with someone who is kind, generous, caring and humble. I didn't know I'd have another Talia in it. One as a member and one as my co-leader. Just great.

With him behind me, probably enjoying his observing matters, I feel angry and troubled at the same time. Not another asshole to deal with.

Not waiting long enough, Professor Lerner arrives.

"Good Morning Class."

We greet him back except for one person. The transferee, obviously.

"Is the new student here already?"

"He's here alright." I said.

Professor Lerner smiled, excited to meet the son of the richest man, "Really? Where is he?"

I leaned sideways to show him sitting behind me.

"Ah! Welcome to Topaz College Institute Mr. Mendes."

"Thanks." He said arrogantly.

"Will you come up here to introduce yourself in front of your classmates?"

Just as I think he would be an ass and not follow orders from a teacher, he stood up with his hands inside his pockets.

Wearing a leather jacket and jeans, he looks at everyone's faces, "I'm Shawn Mendes." He said as short as it could get.

"And uh—how old are you Shawn?"

He aggressively bites his lips like he doesn't want to share more about himself.

"19."

"Where do you live?"

"Toronto, Canada."

"And? What—"

"I don't have anything more to share with you. That's all." He said.

"Alright.." Professor Lerner said with a little mark of embarassment on his voice, "Uh.. May, will you come up here?"

"Sir?"

"Come up here, the two of you will be handling a group. It's better to make a first good impression, besides, he's your co-leader."

Tell me about it. He hits my head and told me not to sleep at school, did not even bother saying sorry.

He stares at me but I can't determine if he's looking at me arrogantly or aggresively.

I walked up in front and stood beside the professor.

"May, this is your co-leader, Shawn Mendes and Shawn, this is May. The two of you will be in the peer building event this coming week and will handle your classmates throughout the challenge."

Staring at him, I did not expect at any angle to find him somehow attractive. His brunnette wavy colored hair and his honey brown colored eyes makes me feel conscious.

"Shake hands, you two."

He puts his hand up and I did too. I reached for his hand and shook.

"Shawn, May will explain to you the criteria of the event this week. She's going to explain every single part of it."

He smirks as he lets go of my hand, then he looks at Professor Lerner, "Every part?" He asks.

"Yes, every part of it."

He nods, "Great," he said as he looks at me again.

"You can now take your seats." Professor Lerner said.