C h a p t e r [156]

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

He looks down, eyes swinging left and right, calculating something in his head.

"Shawn?"

"Huh?"

"You okay?"

"Y—Yeah. Come on."

We are about to turn and head back to the house when he pins a stare forward, blankly, like he's in a deep trance. Forehead crumpled down, brows meeting at the center, eyes squinting as if he's trying to figure a blurred out picture.

"Something's wrong." I mumble.

"What? No. Nothing's wrong.."

"There is. I can tell.."

He shakes his head, "No. In fact.. let's not go back."

"What? Why?"

"Nothing."

"Shawn..?"

"I just want to prove to you that NOTHING is wrong."

"You just made it worse."

He laughs, "Believe what you want to believe but I'm telling, nothing's wrong."

I gave him an exaggerated shrug, "OKAY."

He pulls out his phone again as he looks at me with a smile, a cover up, "Trust me." He says putting the phone to his ear, seemingly already have dialed someone, "Hey.. yes I'm with her. We're currently on our way to the.. don't know yet but listen, I want you to go to May Archer's house and take the guest out. Yes. Find and locate his hotel and deliver him there."

A guy. It's just probably one of his father's friends or someone related to their business. It's not for me to worry and not me to be nosy. While standing still, waiting for him to finish talking on his phone, suddenly I notice leaves falling from a nearby tree. Most of it are still green but some of it already turned brown and dry, spinning its way down the asphalt.

Without saying a word to him, I slowly walk. Heading towards it with awe, Shawn grabs my hand in panic, brows raised in confusion but without any word. I point my finger to the tree, he looks at it and slowly lets my hand go.

"Yeah. I don't know why he's there!" Shawn continues to argue madly to the person he's talking to.

And his voice slowly fades as I get closer to the tree and get farther from him. The wind blows with coolness, I look around to notice that more of the trees in different places have their leaves dying and falling. Maybe it's meant to be, for me to be with Shawn again. It just months ago when I heard the news about his uprising career, skyrocketing, and all I know was I'm happy for him; well, even though it hurts like hell at that moment.

My phone suddenly rings in my pocket. I did not realize I have my phone all this time at all, I thought I've had left it in my bag, but at 2 percent, it still has the ability to withhold its carriage. I immediately pull out my phone, surprised to see his name on the screen, Harry Styles. Immediately, I slide my finger to answer.

"May!" He excitedly exclaimed, "I have to tell you something!" He says with his never boring accent.

"Wait!" I giggle, "I didn't even got the chance to say 'Oh hey Harry! What's up?'"

He giggles back, "Ooops, sorry 'bout that. I'm just.. SO EXCITED!"

"I can see that, what's it you're gonna tell me?"