C h a p t e r [128]

"What if.."

"Oh no, don't give me that Tips."

"No, no. Just listen, what if he has a reason?"

"Reason?"

"Yeah, a person wouldn't leave you just like that if he doesn't have a reason. What if he left because he wanted to save you from something? That's what usually happens in the movies, a guy leaves his lover because he wants her to have a better life and save her from something."

"This is not like in the movies Tips. He's a plain jerk and that's it."

"What if he really just have a reason?"

"Whatever that reason is.. I—Tips!"

"What, I'm just saying."

"Stop it. You're helping him!"

"Helping him? How? I'm just help you look on the brighter side here."

"Help me? Brighter side? More like convince me, push me and make me feel guilty about how I'm treating to him right now."

"Duh! I'm not. I just want you to know his side."

"Instead of taking my side, you're taking his?!"

"I'm not, you idiot."

"Yes you are, fool."

"I'm not. You'll learn it someday soon."

"Ugh, whatever. See you later for dinner."

"Mhm. You better make them dinner really good."

"Oh I will. And you better stop trying to make me understand his side."

"As your best friend, I want you to be happy."

"How?"

"Accept his explanation and have the closure you've been seeking ever since he left."

"I—"

"You know you want that closure. Don't you?"

"I.. I.. guess.."

"Or do you still love him?"

"I gotta go.. see you later."

"You didn't answer the question."

"I don't have to. It's nonsense."

"Oh yeah, true." She says sarcastically, "Bye girl. By the way, wanna watch movies after dinner?"

"That late? Dinner's like 7 or 8 and we would have a lot of things to talk about, that would end probably like at 9. We'd travel and would take many minutes, we'd buy foods and tickets that would take also many minutes."

"So?"

"So, there probably might no cinemas open that late."

"What if there is?"

"What if there's not?"

"What if there is? You're gonna talk to him and ask for the closure?" She says betting.

"What if there's not? You're gonna twerk and scream in the middle of the road and buy me three boxes of pizza?"

"That's too much."

"What you're asking for is also too much."

"What? The closure?"

"I—shut up. Fine. Let's do it."

"Atta girl."

All of sudden, there's a knock on my door. It's a light three time knock and a soft male voice.