C h a p t e r [79]

Monday, the 4th week of our deal. It's coming to an end, finally. I head downstairs early in the morning, made breakfast then took a shower. I head back upstairs to change, then went downstairs again to eat breakfast, I don't mind if he doesn't want to eat the food I made for him anymore, nor if he goes to school alone without waiting for me, or if he goes home after class and do the same thing. I'm getting used to it anyways.

I sit down on the chair and poured syrup on the pancakes I made. While I was enjoying the fluffy milk and flour cooked mixture and sweet syrup on my plate, my eyes caught a movement from afar. He was heading towards the kitchen with his morning face, wearing a white tank top and sweatpants, the necklace hangs on his neck.

He was rubbing his eyes and mumbling, "Did she made food again..?" He says in a low morning voice.

I didn't respond nor acted like I care. He doesn't know that I'm just in front of him. When he puts down his hands after rubbing his eyes, his face's washed in a sudden surprise. He didn't speak and I didn't too. I continued eating until he made a move.

"Have you been here all this time?" He asks.

I nod my head once and that's all the answer he'd get.

He looks down then sighed, he walks to the table and sat on the chair in front of me. Without even asking nor talking, he starts to eat and dig in.

I honestly am so happy to see him finally, eating the food I made but too bad, I'm already done eating. I stood and washed my plate, his face's surprised, he mustn't have expected I'd act the way he's acting. I fixed my bag on my shoulders and head outside. I went to school without him like the usual ways now, but this time, I'm the early one.

I get to school and in the classroom after walking for minutes, the students starts to arrive too. Familiar faces, Tori, Acer, Miranda, Karen, Luke, Talia, Yuna and finally, Shawn. He drags his chair behind me and sat.

The bell rang, Luke and I went to the canteen to eat lunch together, we're getting good. I'm eventually getting rid of Shawn out of my head. Besides, Yuna and him are always together too, I guess I'm not a part of his precious life anymore and I'm slowly accepting that fact; but I must admit, I sometimes get sad whenever I see them together.

At the canteen, sitting with Luke, his eyes are like a hypnosis, it's pretty but, after staring at Shawn's before.. I think his are prettier.

"I'm excited for our trip out of town." Luke says.

"Me too, I'm gonna collect lots of seashells and anything cute."

"So.. you're gonna take me as a collection too?"

I laughed, "No, silly. Only seashells."

"Only seashells." He says while nodding his head, "I have a question.."

"Yeah?"

"Is your deal with Shawn done?"

I shake my head, "Not yet but this week's the last."

He lets a breath out like he was relieved, "Ah.. I thought it's already done."

"Why'd you ask?"

"Nothing. I just noticed that you're distant with him."

I didn't respond for a second and felt low at some point, "I didn't notice that." I lied.

Later, I see Shawn from the crowd with his tall height. I thought he was alone but I was surprised to see Yuna beside him. His head's looking from left to right, like he's trying to find something, until his eyes darts to mine. I quickly look away and put my head down.

"Hey? May? What's wrong?" Luke asks.

"Nothing." I answer, "I'm done eating." I said with a smile.

"Me too. Let's go?"

"Yeah."

We stood up and went back to the classroom. After almost half an hour of talking with each other, Luke and I were stopped, I was the only one surprised to see Shawn and Yuna entering the room together. Shawn looked at me but I looked away.

Time elapsed and the teacher came in, it was no other than Professor Riles. I didn't know it was until he introduced himself. He stood in front and there, he speaks and talks to everyone in the class.

"Good afternoon students." He says, "I hope everyone is doing well and better with their subjects but I'm here to congratulate the past participants of the peer building event."

The class claps their hands as my group cheers, "Okay, settle down now class. I am here because there is something I want to reveal to everyone of you." He clears his throat, "I'm pretty sure Lori and Tippy already told the leader and the co-leader about the unknown person who will be joining the winners for the trip. Wait, may I know who is the leader and the co-leader? Please stand up."

This is so awkward. I breathe so deep like I don't want to stand and cooperate but I don't want to be rude. I stood firmly and acting tough. Shawn then stood behind me.

"Who's the leader?" He asks.

My group yelled my name and pointed fingers at me.

"Right. So that makes him the co-leader." He smacks his hands once, "Okay, come in front please."

In my head, is that even necessary? I walked in front with him following behind me. I walked and stood to the side of Professor Riles and he stood on the other side.

"No, you go to her side." Professor Riles said and Shawn walks and stood beside me. I took one step sidewards, away from him.

"To the members of their group, please stand from your chairs and listen to what I have to reveal."

Our members stood from their chairs and stayed to their places. Professor Riles inhales deeply then he starts the announcement.

"Last week, our transferee from United States finally arrived in our school and she seems to be coping up with everything here pretty well. This week is the out of town trip and the unknown person who will be joining your group for this prize is no other than her. Please stand up Miss Yuna Danwilb."

The class claps and so does my group, so does I but except Shawn. Well, isn't this great? She's the person in question for many days and now that she's revealed, I'm happy for Shawn that the person who is the reason for shutting me out is coming with us on our out of town trip.

"Can I take my seat now?" I said in a low voice.

"Of course." Professor Riles said.

I walked to my seat and sat. Shawn followed and took his seat too. It's a good thing that Yuna is coming with us, it'll make Shawn happier and I wouldn't have to mind him either. He can have his moments and time with her and I can be alone and be miserable and be with Luke and try to love him again. Everything has a reason, and I guess this is it.